Notary Rotary
Tax question - San Joaquin County
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by CaSigner on 2/25/05 4:21pm
Msg #22502

Anyone commissioned in San Joaquin county, CA? I am trying to find out business license requirements for tax purposes but have had no help from the county offices. I would like to write off my expenses next year but I am not sure what is required. Also, I would appreciate any info from someone experienced in what tax forms I will need to file at the end of this year. I have been logging all my signings in a separate log and have been keeping all receipts so far.

Reply by John_NorCal on 2/25/05 9:35pm
Msg #22562

Can't say much for San Joaquin county, they should be able to tell you if you need a business license or not. I'm assuming that you live in an unincorporated area, if not you can call your city hall and ask them their requirements.
But don't let that stop you from claiming your valid deductions. You'll have to itemize next year, if you haven't been already, you will file a schedule C. There is a new schedule C-EZ, I forget what the income limitations are. You can depreciate your vehicle, so get your info on when and how much your paid for it. You need to allocate person vs. business mileage. Don't forget to keep track of all your expenses for supplies, paper, postage, telephone(s) etc. If you have an area in your home that you use 100% for busines, no personal use, you can depreciate that. If you rent you can deduct that percentage of rent also. There are a lot of deductions you can take, talk to your tax preparer.
Good luck to you!

Reply by CaSigner on 2/25/05 9:58pm
Msg #22568

Thanks for the info. We do our taxes via turbo tax each year but I guess I will need to go see someone before then, or at least before next year. Thanks again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.