Notary Rotary
VOIP service
Notary Discussion History

VOIP service
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by fiKS on 2/27/05 6:51pm
Msg #22778

VOIP service

Does anyone use this service? Good? Bad? Can a fax machine be used with this service?

Reply by Clay TX. on 2/27/05 10:00pm
Msg #22793

I have been using VOIP for about six months and I love it. The rates are about one third of what our local phone company charges and long distance is included in most plans. My fax works fine with this service.

Reply by Josh/FL on 2/28/05 1:09am
Msg #22806

I have had VOIP for about 8 months and love it. You save so much on all the taxes the phone company slams on a regular line of service.

Reply by Reginald Wilks on 2/28/05 2:53am
Msg #22810

Fiks

I have Vonage they offer a phone system for $29.95 per month after the first two months the first payment is $68.80 for equipment and two months payments. You get a Linksys router for your telephone you plug into your computer router and you can check on incoming calls you missed by going to Vonage.com and going to voice mail and listening to your messages over your computer. You can even have calls forwarded to your cell phone and no one knows the difference. the fax line is extra and I do not remember how much it's only like 18 or 19 dollars. If you want to check into it I will forward you an email to get you started and My next month will be free and you get one month free also.

Reggie
Kansas

Reply by fiKS on 2/28/05 10:37am
Msg #22841

I have been reading up on Vonage. I basically need this service for faxing only. I use my cell phone for all long distance calls. The info I read on Vonage talks about an additional dedicated fax line but did not say that a fax can be hooked up to the first line. I noticed that Verizon offers VOIP as well but no mention about fax.

Which companies are others using?

Reply by Clay TX. on 2/28/05 11:11am
Msg #22843

You might try VoicePulse. They are only $14.99 a month. Here's their address: http://www.voicepulse.com/

Reply by Melody on 2/28/05 4:47pm
Msg #22902

Reggie

Reggie,

Would you please send me an email, too? I have been looking into Vonage and would be happy if you got a month free if I decide to sign up. [e-mail address]

Do you think Vonage will be able to take the place of my land phone if I get only one Vonage line?
I use my land line for
*incoming faxes
*outgoing faxes
*outgoing local calls
*outgoing calls to Canada (lots of those)
I use my cell phone for all incoming calls and all non-local outgoing US calls.

Thanks!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.