Notary Rotary
Way off topic...Men buying gifts...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 2/19/05 2:06pm
Msg #21393

My son is on his way to see his girlfriend a couple of hours away. He sent her roses for Valentine's day, but was at a conference several days last week and did not get her another gift until this morning.

I suggested a wearable item. "Great idea," he says.

He called me from a department store to ask what size Medium or Large. He said, I think she'd like Large - more comfortable. I said "Perish the thought! Buy her Small or Medium. You can return it with her tomorrow night when you go to dinner. Feign disbelief that she could ever wear a Large!"

He just called me back laughing and said, "That was a great suggestion. I was thinking "comfort." Thanks Mom!"

There is a dual moral to this story. One is obvious: When in doubt, buy the smaller size.

The other...With mothers like me on the loose, is it any wonder men learn to be deceptive? Smiley

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/19/05 6:01pm
Msg #21451

If I'd had a mother like Brenda, I'd have had a much, much more interesting life!

If I become single again, or my sons become single again, Brenda's advice will be remembered very well!

Reply by Reginald Wilks on 2/20/05 10:21am
Msg #21517

Brenda_TX

VERY GOOD advice you must be a good mom. I wish all mothers were that good. Of course my mother gave me similiar advice way back before I married my wife some 36 years ago and it is still good advice.

Reggie

Reply by Charm_AL on 2/20/05 6:09pm
Msg #21552

LOL! I had a funny vision run thru my head after reading this!!!My stepdad is a small size...I thought about this when I bought him a sweater for X-mas...Should have shopped the boys dept.....lol

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.