Notary Rotary
Witnesses at Closing
Notary Discussion History

Witnesses at Closing
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Mystiquera on 2/7/05 10:38pm
Msg #19711

Witnesses at Closing

If you must supply an additional witness (in addition to yourself) do you charge for that, and if so a ballpark figure.
Thanks

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/7/05 11:12pm
Msg #19719

This doesn't answer your question... but, usually, the signer is responsible for getting witnesses... his neighbor, some disinterested 3rd party. But, if they want YOU to drag someone else along, I'd sure see that it was worth it for them.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/8/05 12:35am
Msg #19727

It would be unusual for the borrower to request that the notary signing agent bring a witness. Call me paranoid, but it would make me suspicious.

In general, do not take anyone with you unless you clear it with the borrower ahead of time. Some of the signing services state this explicitly: No spouse, no child, no trainee.

Reply by Mystiquera on 2/22/05 11:39pm
Msg #21946

Thanks for your replies.
Actually, it was the SS that told me I needed two witnesses and to check to see if the borrowers could provide them. Otherwise, would I be able to provide them. I asked the borrower and they could provide one, and I did take my mom with me. Ultimately, I don't think they were necessary because I was actually one of the witnesses and there was no place in the documents where a second one was necessary. I think the SS just got the info wrong!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.