Notary Rotary
Your getting paid how much!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by John Charles Gober on 2/8/05 6:48pm
Msg #19834

What do you tell your client when they read the HUD and it says 'Notary Fees: $250.00' and you know you are not getting that much.

{smiles}

John

Reply by Joan-OH on 2/8/05 6:57pm
Msg #19835

I did a full spectrum once where the settlement statement said "closing fee - $350". No problem. Everyone knows that includes other title company work and it is never questioned. Then we get to the note and a few other documents where they have listed fees. Instead of closing fee it said "Notary Fee - $350"

YEAH - I WISH! That's exactly what I told the borrowers. They kinda looked at me strange - like they wanted my job. Heck, at $350, I would want MY job. I laughed showing them it was obviously a mistake & should say closing fee, but they all have their own terms. I then assured them my fee was actually a fraction (and I do me a fraction) of that.

Joan-OH

Reply by Gavin on 2/9/05 9:14am
Msg #19910

Too bad everyone didn't do this like Transcontintental title does. I charge them a flat $125 which is listed on the HUD with my name. The beauty here is that as a line item on the HUD I am paid as soon as the loan funds.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.