Notary Rotary
Your instead of you're
Notary Discussion History

Your instead of you're
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by fiKS on 2/19/05 12:40am
Msg #21330

Your instead of you're

I know my grammar, vocab and spelling is not perfect. English is my second language, but I can't stand seeing people using "your" instead of "you're" I see this more and more. Lately, I'm also seeing people writing "their" instead of "they're"

Sorry....just felt I needed to say something about that!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/19/05 1:15am
Msg #21332

You're not alone!

There are times that I quietly go "Aaarrrggghhh!" I'm far from perfect, but seeing the spelling and grammar on some of the notaries' Web Sites makes me cringe. If I were looking for a professional to do an important job for me, I wouldn't choose someone who could not use commas, apostrophes, and other punctuation correctly.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/19/05 9:23am
Msg #21342

Things make you go "Aaarrggghhhh!."

**I know my grammar, vocab and spelling is not perfect. English is my second language, but I can't stand seeing people using "your" instead of "you're" I see this more and more. Lately, I'm also seeing people writing "their" instead of "they're" **

I posted this very thing once upon a time saying something like: It really bothers me when I see "your required to take a notary test."

I took a notary test and/or filled out a package this week from a major signing service which had a heading: "Excepting Assignments."

These are things that definitely "Things make you go 'Aaarrggghhhh!.' "

Reply by LawrenceOK on 2/19/05 9:35am
Msg #21346

Re: Things make you go "Aaarrggghhhh!."

Are you guys and gal DUN!!

Reply by Dave_CA on 2/19/05 9:41am
Msg #21348

I guess knot

Reply by Dave_CA on 2/19/05 9:40am
Msg #21347

Brenda said "I took a notary test and/or filled out a package this week from a major signing service which had a heading: "Excepting Assignments.""
I saw the same package, at least I hope it was the same, and I could not help but think of the many low pay services where I would really like the opportunity to accept the assignment except for the fee. :-)

Reply by Slarty_FL on 2/19/05 3:22pm
Msg #21416

While watching a football game a while back, I heard John Madden say that a player "literally exploded down the field," and I thought, "Geez, there must be pieces of him everywhere!" Smiley

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/19/05 8:19pm
Msg #21472

Chalk it up to former coaches" license.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.