Notary Rotary
classes in , Ca
Notary Discussion History

classes in , Ca
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Martha Hodge on 2/16/05 12:37pm
Msg #20811

classes in , Ca

Does anyone know of a place where I can take a class for loan doc signing that can get me started on my way to signing loan docs as a part time opportunity? I live in san diego
Something resonable in price, Thanks

Reply by Lechner Business Services - Carol Lechner on 2/16/05 12:46pm
Msg #20816

Martha, I highly recommend NotaryClasses.com. There is a fabulous instructor Kelly Robertson that makes the day long course enjoyable and the information is retained. The test is afterwards. They usually have courses on Sunday's in Mission Bay. Go to their website and check out the information. I started the beginning of February and have over 30 successful loans signed and packaged. Feel free to email me if you have further questions.
Best of Luck.

Reply by Kelly R/So California on 2/20/05 9:16am
Msg #21501

Thank You Carol!

What a great compliment! Of course, I want to boast about the Loan Signing Classes that we teach thru www.notaryclasses.com and we certainly appreciate your support, Carol. ox

Joan and Cheryl's book is great: In class, students learn all about notary work as it applies to loan signing, equipment, marketing "secrets" and then practiced loan signing (to include the proper way to present docs, order of docs, etc). There is A LOT of class participation and questions/answers to typical situations, mentoring, etc.

The cost is $150 and includes: The Wildly Successful Loan Signer Book, the all day Certification Class (you get a certificate of completion at the end of the class), a FREE listing for one year on www.thenotarylist.com, an Identification Badge with your photo, and Certification Testing (not an extra fee like NNA charges) on-Line when you're ready, timed 60 mins, 50 questions (25 notary and 25 loan signing). The company also offers a Ride-Along program for those notaries having trouble finding someone to go on a signing with. Once you're certified, your listing on TheNotaryList moves UP and the Certified Logo is marked next to your name.

All around, I'm honored to teach for such a great company and meet so many wonderful, wonderful people! Thanks again Carol oxox

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/16/05 1:01pm
Msg #20817

http://abacusnotary.com/schedule_loan.htm

Reply by Califnotary on 2/16/05 4:55pm
Msg #20877

I went to the NNA's laon Signing Document seminar. It was a bit expensive but indepth. I am in Northern California. I do signings on weekday nights and weekends.

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 2/16/05 5:22pm
Msg #20884

Re: classes in , Ca...where in Northern California? n/m

Reply by califnotary on 2/16/05 6:42pm
Msg #20905

Re: classes in , Ca...where in Northern California? n/m

I took mine in Stockton and Modesto sponsored by the NNA. You can info on their website.

Reply by CarolynCO on 2/16/05 7:00pm
Msg #20915

Re: Califnotary -- a request ...

I know that we can choose whatever sign-on name we want, and I applaud you for using your state in your name -- however, we already have one CaliNotary who is quite active in the forum, and although you are including an "f" and lowercase notary, at first glance, the names are just too similar, and although I've only noticed you coming onboard recently, I've already confused your posts with Cali's.

Would you possibly consider selecting another name?

Reply by Califnotary on 2/16/05 11:51pm
Msg #20972

Makes no difference to me. Will do.

Reply by CarolynCO on 2/17/05 12:09am
Msg #20975

Thank you. I appreciate your willingness to select a new sign-on. Please let us know your new name. Good luck with your signings.

Reply by HisHughness on 2/17/05 12:24am
Msg #20977

Carolyn/CO reminds:

***I know that we can choose whatever sign-on name we want, and I applaud you for using your state in your name -- however, we already have one CaliNotary***

You don't step on Superman's cape. You don't mess with Brenda's IP. And you don't ever, ever mislead anybody that you're CaliNotary.

Reply by HisHughness on 2/17/05 12:24am
Msg #20978

Carolyn/CO reminds:

***I know that we can choose whatever sign-on name we want, and I applaud you for using your state in your name -- however, we already have one CaliNotary***

You don't step on Superman's cape. You don't mess with Brenda's IP. And you don't ever, ever mislead anybody that you're CaliNotary.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/17/05 1:31am
Msg #20984

Darn. I was hoping the confusion might create a little better PR for me. There's pretty much nowhere to go but up!

Reply by CaSigner on 2/17/05 9:59am
Msg #21025

I hope my new name appeases the masses.
Signed CaSigner (formerly Califnotary)

Reply by Martha on 2/17/05 12:22pm
Msg #21045

How much did you pay for your class and was it a one day class, some one recomended me to a class in pb wich is 250$ and 8hours , following the test.
Is this one simular?

Reply by Califnotary on 2/17/05 12:23pm
Msg #21046

How much, was the class, how long and did a test follow?

Reply by CaSigner on 2/18/05 1:44pm
Msg #21210

I took my class last year through the NNA. I took the "loan signing document" seminar in Stockton, CA. It was a six hour class that covered the basic documents you will find in a loan package, how to notarize them, and then how to market yourself. There is no test afterwards. To become certified you need to buy a certification workbook and take the test yourself. I think the class was $90 for me because I was a NNA member. Regularly $129

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.