Notary Rotary
classes in so cal
Notary Discussion History

classes in so cal
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Sandra on 2/14/05 9:10pm
Msg #20623

classes in so cal

Seems to be a flood of classes offered in this field. But I'd like as addition to prop.management; I want to notarize all documents not loan signing; does this seem worthwhile to you with experience or is the market to flooded?

Reply by ColleenCA on 2/15/05 8:31am
Msg #20653

Well, if you are in an area of Calif. that is saturated like I am, then I would suggest looking into something else. I don't know many people who are willing to pay travel expenses for a notary, when they can go down to the local postal annex and pay just 10.00 per signature to have something notarized. The only instance is someone who is homebound or just too busy and I don't believe anyone can make a living depending on that type of situation. I may be "disgruntled" (spelling?) because I have been trying since November as a signing agent and have not had one opportunity. Try doing a search of notaries in your area and see how many are in your area and then make your decision. Good luck.

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 2/15/05 1:23pm
Msg #20664

Re: classes in so cal...Go For it, Sandra! n/m

Reply by Jennifer Irby on 2/15/05 1:52pm
Msg #20669

Hello Sandra,

Charismatic Escrow Signer, Inc. out of Las Vegas NV (702-326-8559 or email them at [e-mail address]) offers workshops to assist you in understanding escrow and loan documents. Workshops are limited to 5-10 notaries, so that you can get the answers to your questions. Great workshop for new signing agents wanting one on one information vs. 250 agents in a room all wanting to ask questions and ony 25 of them get to answer.

Primary object of workshop is to zone your knowledge of escrow and loan documents. They touch on procedures for notarizing.

Workshop is held on the weekends and special request for certain days can be requested.

Good Luck.

Reply by VHermann_CA on 2/15/05 3:15pm
Msg #20673

Hi Jennifer

How are you? I'm still not anywhere close to moving to LV but I'll let you know when I am. I hope business is going well. Let me know if you get anything for San Diego.

Have a great day!

Reply by anonymous on 2/16/05 4:33am
Msg #20744

Ultimately, you get out of something what you put into it. It has nothing to do with too many notaries in a certain radius because not all of them do loan signings. Most notaries only use their commission as part of their job. Maybe you are signing up with services that don't ave volume in your area or services that have unfair practices but every CLASS has an ultimate goal which is make money. NSA are only increasing their liability by learning the contents of the documents. The NOTARY should ONLY be concerned with what they are ultimately liable for signature and notary wording. The more you know, the higher your lawsuit ...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.