Notary Rotary
just signed up
Notary Discussion History

just signed up
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 2/15/05 5:38pm
Msg #20689

just signed up

I just signed up with Notary Rotary this weekend. Yesterday I contacted many of the CA signing agencies. I am trying to figure out about how long it takes to get contacted for work. Does anyone have any comments on this?

Reply by HisHughness on 2/15/05 5:53pm
Msg #20691

The members of this board will be happy to help you >>once YOU have done all that YOU should do to prepare yourself.<<

Please do two things: 1) Read, AND TAKE THE TIME TO FULLY COMPREHEND, your state’s manual for notaries public; then 2) come back to this board. Above the menu of posts, click the "First" button. Go all the way to the very first post in June 2003, "Welcome to the General Discussion Forum." Read all the way to the last post today. You will find your answer many times over in the intervening messages, along with far better information about being a signing agent than you’ll ever get from any certification course. I realize that much of what you will read will be duplicative, and some will be totally irrelevant. But, in sum, reading the archives of this board will almost surely be the most informative thing you will ever do to assist you in being a signing agent. You also would be well advised to pursue any Internet sites that posters have indicated might be helpful in furthering your knowledge.

If, after doing both of the above, your question remains unanswered, then come back and post your question on the board. You will probably find that you will get more and more helpful responses if you post under an identifiable handle and include a state designation in that handle.

Good luck in preparing for a fulfilling career as a mobile notary/signing agent.

Reply by jcmobilenotary@hotmail.com on 2/15/05 6:45pm
Msg #20695

I'm new too, no calls yet real slow getting started. Lot of competition. Good luck!

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/15/05 7:15pm
Msg #20700

JC,

With all due respect. it would help if you would indicate what state you are from. That action on your part would probably elicit more responses. Best of luck. As you can see I am Ted from MI.

Reply by Anonymous on 2/15/05 10:51pm
Msg #20729

I didn't mean to reply as anonymous but only my real name shows up as the of option for "author". I don't like my whole name to appear.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/16/05 1:54am
Msg #20738

Go to "my profile" in the upper right corner of the site. You should be able to set up a screenname there.

Reply by Anonymous on 2/16/05 3:25pm
Msg #20853

I see that on "my profile", oddly enough my user name there is "califnotary" yet it still only give me the option of my full name or anonymous when I post.

Reply by gina/CA on 2/16/05 12:03am
Msg #20734

What part of California are located?

Reply by Anonymous on 2/16/05 3:26pm
Msg #20855

Central Valley, and you?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.