Notary Rotary
loose ack
Notary Discussion History

loose ack
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 2/24/05 12:53pm
Msg #22187

loose ack

I've read some past posts on this subject. Today I got a pkg and it had a sticky on the loose ack to notarize it. First time and wondering if I should fill it out and attach it to something? Or not bother at all? There seems to be different opinions on procedure...any easy answer to this? Could they deny payment or reduce fee if I don't? TIA

Reply by Kimberly Crowe on 2/24/05 1:02pm
Msg #22189

I've been presented with a blank acknowledgement a few times. One time there was a note attached that said "You don't have to sign this, but if you forget to notarize a document, this would make it an easy problem to fix" (or something of the sort) I never sign them. Not that this would happen.....but......they could attach it to any document they want, including one that wasn't really signed by the borrower....but, you're acknowledgement says that it was. So, the liability falls onto you. I haven't had any fee reductions as of yet. I wouldn't suggest doing it. Hope this helps. (Don't yell at me if your fee gets reduced, though Smiley )

Reply by janCA on 2/24/05 2:36pm
Msg #22202

I'd call the originator of the package, ask what the acknowledgement is suppose to be attached to, and if they say, just notarize it, tell them that's illegal and you could lose your commission. What the heck are you notarizing?????? I've had this in a few of my docs from a certain lender and it states that if it's not filled in, I wouldn't get paid. I always attach a sticky and state that I can't complete the ack without it being attached to a document that I have witnessed a signature to. I always get paid. Go figure!!

Reply by fiKS on 2/24/05 6:35pm
Msg #22243

That sounds like package from Greenlight. I never fill mine out. I return it with docs unsigned.

Reply by Donna Ca on 2/24/05 10:33pm
Msg #22307

it sure does sound like a packet from Greenlight! They don't even let their borrowers know that they have been approved for loans. All signings I have ever had that were theirs involved surprised borrowers who were nowhere ready to sign and cancelled the signings. I don't know how they stay in business with all the wasted document prep and shipping

Reply by Charm_AL on 2/27/05 10:51am
Msg #22719

BINGO

you got it....Greenlight!!!
Johnny...what do we have for the winner Today!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.