Notary Rotary
the day after...STAPLES!
Notary Discussion History

the day after...STAPLES!
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by MORITZ - PETER on 2/9/05 10:39am
Msg #19916

the day after...STAPLES!

Well, to further explain, I have been using STAPLES for almost 8 years. Excellent service and next day delivery. Recently, in the past year, they decided to job out deliveries to local freight companies that don't speak english. (I am not prejudice. I live in AMerica and do not know other languages!)
The first time, I received $120 in coupons because this company kept promising delivery and they never showed up. (No, I do not live in the boonies). They reshipped the order and when the guy finally showed up with my 1st order, the boxes and reams of paper where all taped with clear tape and duck tape. (actually quite a riot!).
Second time, practically the same scenerio... never showed up, spoke to 2 rude supervisors, had to cancel the first order, reorder again, then they told me... the $70 in coupons I used on the 1st order were not valid anymore ($30 of it was rewards money for the $2,000 I spend there over 3 mos) and she had to recharge the full price, then credit the full price but it would take 72 hours. Well, I got their corporate number... 800-839-3067 x36789 (for Online Customer service) and I have now been given the original $30 coupon to come for my "Inconvience" and an additional $70 for my even "further frustrations."
The point of my post was simply to state, when companies get too big they forget about us! Be sure to let them know your positive and negative situations. They reward both! The online customer service woman was extremely nice! I guess the old adage is correct... The customers always right! (sometimes we don't think so).
Happy signing and thanks for the giggles! Be blessed!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/10/05 12:06am
Msg #20032

Thanks, Lori, for explaining.

I stopped using the Staples nearest me because of so many bad in-store experiences. Office Max is literally across the street from Staples. They give better service, the products are (as far as I've checked!) nearly the same price, and the people actually care about doing a good job. So far, Andy in their "Copy Max" center gets my Hero of the Year award for service beyond expectation.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.