Notary Rotary
2 hr drive - no one home
Notary Discussion History

2 hr drive - no one home
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by BP_WV on 7/5/05 10:31am
Msg #49843

2 hr drive - no one home

This makes me sooo mad! Had an appt for Sat at 6pm... I drove 2 hours and borrowers not home. Checked the appraisal to make sure I had correct home. Sure enough, I did have the correct home. Borrowers calledand left a message on my answering machine on sunday and wanted me to drive all the way back on Monday(4th of july) to sign. I didnt answer the phone.

Reply by Ted_MI on 7/5/05 11:02am
Msg #49853

BP,

I am really sorry to hear that !! Boy, I tell you I always call before I leave. This serves two purposes: one as a matter of courtesy so the borrowers know that I haven't forgotten them and am on my way and two, to make sure that they are there.

I am not being critical of you if you didn't call. Obviously that is a different set of circumstances when you are talking about a two hour drive.

If I had been you, I would have answered the phone and requested that the borrowers compensate me for the return trip.

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 7/5/05 12:43pm
Msg #49873

Even a courtesy call might not have helped. For all the signing agent knows, the borrowers could show up when he/she gets there or a little before. Even though you are almost always instructed to confirm app'ts, most signing companies tell you to go the borrowers home regardless if the app't was confirmed or not (signing agent leaves msg and borrower doesn't call back)...or they instruct you to call them (the signing company) which is probably what I would have done. I would have made it clear to the signing company that I couldn't get in touch with the borrowers and make sure I would get paid a trip charge if it was a no show. Two hours is a long time for nothing. Signing agent did his/her part by showing up, regardless, the signing company or someone should compensate for the extra trip.

Reply by BP_WV on 7/5/05 2:17pm
Msg #49892

I did call to confirm the appointment twice. I called once the appointment was set and I called the morning of the signing to remind the borrowers to have copies of their drivers licenses. This was an evening appoinment and I find it hard to believe that they "forgot". Also, It is rescheduled now that I have the OK through the attorney who I work for. This time, they will be traveling 2 hours by car with 5 children to come to me.

Reply by Jessica Benitez on 7/5/05 3:47pm
Msg #49908

This happened to me once. I just charged double.

Reply by Larry on 7/5/05 4:17pm
Msg #49912

Hope you are meeting at Mc Donald's so the kids can play.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.