Notary Rotary
All inclusive fee
Notary Discussion History

All inclusive fee
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 10:36am
Msg #54479

All inclusive fee

Title company accepted an all inclusive fee for signing. Documents printed/copied. For a number of different reasons, i.e., borrowers' schedule, etc., signing did not occur.

Signing has been rescheduled for tonight. New docs are being redrawn which will have to be reprinted/copied.

For SS's I break my rates down according to the package type and would just charge two printing charges. What do you all do for TC's and all inclusive fees in this situation?

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 7/25/05 10:54am
Msg #54484

I just had one...

where the LO offered me an all inclusive fee. I accepted, printed and went to the signing. Signing did not occur (until about 2 days later) I charged them an additional $50.00 for the first printing and trip as well as the original fee agreed upon. I could have charged more ($25 printing fee and $50.00 trip free), but the fee was very high to begin with.

I have kind of the same situation with a new TC. Friday I printed and went out, but Brws wouldn't sign. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot. So, I'm not sure if I should just eat this one or bill.

I guess it depends on if it's one of your good clients or not. The new TC on Friday is super busy in CO and I want her business. She's already called me for a couple that I couldn't do.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 11:17am
Msg #54485

Re: I just had one...

Thanks Cherilyn. I had just gotten to the end of my block when Borrower called.

He: "Wife out of town - not sure she will make it home tonight - can we do it Saturday or Sunday?"

Me: "I will check to see if RTC dates can be changed."

He: "Ill give you a call when I find out wife's schedule."

Between Friday night and this morning, I have umpteen e-mails to 3 different people, I've lost count of the number of long distance calls placed Friday, Saturday and Sunday and docs that now have to be shredded and new ones printed/copied. I don't deserve a separate trip fee because I never got there the first time. I've never worked with this TC before, but I do have a lot of time spent corresponding (written/verbally) over the weekend plus the useless docs.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/25/05 11:19am
Msg #54486

I think each is an individual case by case. Here's what I've gone through. I've printed and copied docs and the apt was canceled, then rescheduled 5 days later, my docs were no good. I explained to the TC that I thought I should be paid for this service and they up'd my original fee $35.00 for the extra print/copy charge. I normally charge $25.00 to signing services.

I also went to a $200.00 signing where the borrower got to the last few pages and stopped signing because the L.O. added an escrow account and they didn't want one. After I called the L.O. she said they would have to redraw the pkg and to reschedule the apt with the borrowers. Within the next 5 minutes the signing service called me and assured me that I would be paid my full fee. They wanted me to go back out for the same fee, unfortunately I was leaving for vacation the next day.

Coincidentally, on the drive back I was bummed because it was my first no-sign and I was having a pity party when the L.O. called me back and asked if I had all the notarized paperwork finished. I wound up sending everything in and they saved it by changing a few docs and overnighting them directly to the borrowers. I can't tell you how happy I was Smiley
I know...law of averages...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.