Notary Rotary
Almost ready to cancel due to late docs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by BP_WV on 7/11/05 3:49pm
Msg #51022

I have an appt at 5 pm and waiting on docs that are very late. It is close to cutting in on my appointment for 7 pm. I have been fortunate enough to not have this happen so close. Would you cancel? I would surely hate to be late for my 7 pm appt. On the other hand, I dont want to run the risk of this signing agency never calling me again.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/11/05 4:17pm
Msg #51027

Call the SA and let them know you don't have the docs yet. Let them find out where they are, then call the borrowers and let them know you will be delayed. I have had no problem with that.

Reply by mes/Il on 7/11/05 4:25pm
Msg #51028

I had a 4:30 appt last week and the docs came to me at 4:20.I called the borrower about an hour before the appt to let them know I was still waiting and would absolutely not be on time. As I was printing the docs out I received a call that the borrowers canceled!!Ended up getting a call to do the closing 4 or 5 days later,at which point I insisted I had to have the docs 3 hours before the appt time.It is so unfair to both the borrower and the notary to be waiting and waiting.I am beginning to think that the notaries and borrowers need to determine the time-not the signing co's.I have received docs overnite and called the borrower,where I have been able to meet them hours earlier then the intended time.Hope it works out for you!

Reply by BP_WV on 7/11/05 4:27pm
Msg #51029

This signing is for Negrettes and Tony has been trying and trying to get these docs.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/11/05 4:31pm
Msg #51030

I was hired by Tony and we waited for Doc so long it got canceled. Haven't been called back yet on it.

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/11/05 4:33pm
Msg #51031

Is it an Ameriquest. The last one Tony gave us the borrower had canceled and the LO never bothered to call Tony or Negrettes.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/11/05 4:40pm
Msg #51033

I had an Ameriquest Ln last week that we had the docs but couldn't connect with borrower. I suprised him when I called. That loan didn't close. It wasn't Tony's assignment. They said with Ameriquest they never know what is going on.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/11/05 5:18pm
Msg #51041

You can only do what you can do.

I would strongly suggest that you never let Ameriquest's ineptness screw up your schedule for the day. If they can't get them to you in time to be at the appointment on time, either cancel the signing or make it your last appointment of the day. No point in getting frustrated by something that is standard operating procedure for them. But there's no reason your other clients should end up being affected by this type of stuff.

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/11/05 6:45pm
Msg #51060

I absolutely agree w/CaliNotary....you need to set a 'drop dead' time limit on e-docs. While I would try to accomodate all comers, I certainly wouldn't jeopardize my other appointments, OR the potential of other appointments that represent positive income. They're in business to generate income, BUT...so are you !!

Reply by BP_WV on 7/11/05 8:53pm
Msg #51096

This was not an Ameriquest signing...it is a company I've never done anything for - America's Moneyline, Inc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.