Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anybody having problems with refill kit for a Brother 5140?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 7/17/05 1:12pm
Msg #52801

Someone in the board stated that brother doesnt accept the refill kits from tonerkits.com

Anybody here that has refilled their brother printers with succes?

Thank you very much!

Reply by DonnanorthernCA on 7/17/05 4:41pm
Msg #52820

It just so happens I was talking to a toner guy yesterday because i have a Brother HL2040 which is a fairly new model and cant find a discount toner option and he explained that the way that Brother laser printers work is that they actually send an electric charge tthrough the toner so it is brand specific toner that is required for Brother printers

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/17/05 7:47pm
Msg #52841

I took my 540 cartridge to the printer repair guy up the street from me, I didnt have the little tool to burn out the old plug. ( I dont care what toner.com say's, you have to burn out the plug) He refilled it and I am having no problems. Cost me a whole $5 bucks for the toner.

Reply by DM_FL on 7/18/05 9:28am
Msg #52894

I have a Brother 5150, and I use refills from tonerkits.com. I used needle-nose pliars to pull the plug out. I had to be very careful not to rip it though. I had no problem whatsoever with the toner. It works as well as the original toner.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.