Notary Rotary
Anyone ever make the mistake of using a different over night
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by kate in california on 7/27/05 10:08am
Msg #55020

delivery service than they were supposed to?

I did this and did not realize it until after the docs were on their way.
My stomach is in knots.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/27/05 10:13am
Msg #55021

Did you pay for shipping or just put the account number for one service on another company's envelope?
I would just call the company you sent it to and tell them. Most are forgiving and if you tell them of your mistake, they'll know beforehand.

Reply by Kate in California on 7/27/05 10:16am
Msg #55023

I paid for the shipping, and yes I will be making that call shortly.
Thanks, for the reply.

Reply by wp on 7/27/05 10:18am
Msg #55024

once I accidentally dropped a UPS pkg w/ 4 other FedEx pkgs - in the drop box
I called FedEx but they had already called UPS to schedule a pick up
or at least that is what they said
3 days later it was still at Fed Ex
so go get it fast

Reply by Kate in California on 7/27/05 10:24am
Msg #55027

I did use a FedEx envelope and paid for the delivery by FedEx but I was supposed to use UPS I don't know what I was thinking.

I think I need to do like someone else posted the other day when they suggested filling out the label and placing it on the envelope when they first get their instructions.

That will definitely help me avoid making this same mistake again.

Thanks!!!!!!

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/27/05 10:27am
Msg #55030

if you paid for it, the company should not be upset. However we never pay shipping costs and they will give us the info on sending it back. I don't think you'll have a problem, they'd be happy to hear it was a different shipping company as opposed to not getting them back in time for some other serious reason.

Reply by Dorothy/MI on 7/27/05 10:28am
Msg #55032

Just one question, why did you pay for the shipping? The title company, lender or SS ALWAYS (unless this was a correction you had to make on your own dime) PAYS!! I don't see any problem if you paid for it yourself.

Reply by Kate in California on 7/27/05 10:34am
Msg #55036

No it wasn't a mistake I was correcting, I was just in a hurry and I really thought I had read Fed EX on the e-mail. I was wrong. I knew I had to send the docs back right away and I knew the last pick up for FedEx was in 15 minutes so I was in ahurry.

Reply by Dorothy/MI on 7/27/05 11:11am
Msg #55051

Kate, I did not mean to make it sound like you were correcting an error, but that should be the only time we send it back at our expense.

Reply by Kate in California on 7/27/05 2:12pm
Msg #55116

I understand, and I agree. Thank you :-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.