Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anyone have a list of bad CA signing services?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by ANikander on 7/26/05 10:45pm
Msg #54953

Hello All! I've recently become a Notary and just took the NSA seminar through the NNA. I've been reading all of your messages with great interest. I was wondering if anyone has already posted a list of bad, non paying (or slow paying) signing agencies in Southern California? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
-Anna

Reply by dce-ca on 7/26/05 11:21pm
Msg #54961

You should really create your own, because the comments of one or two negative post may be one sided. Go to gomobilenotary.com notary board and search "no no list & beware of list" This should get you started.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/27/05 12:52am
Msg #54985

And don't limit yourself to companies located in California. We work for companies all over the US.

Reply by Sheila Ursin on 7/27/05 8:34am
Msg #55004

Yes, beware of Premier Lender Services. They hired me for several closing in the Ohio area. After completing the closings for a low fee (which I agreed to do because they overnighted the pkgs instead of me having to print the docs) they called me and asked me to fax all of the documents to check for errors. I don't have a fax machine so I went to Office Depot and they said it would be over fifty dollars to fax that many pages. After considering the cost and how much money it was for gas to travel to the closings, I realized that I would be working for free!!! The pkgs were overnighted after I checked everything for errors and of course there were no errors. I've been a notary for 7 years and I was trained to close loans by two attorneys. When I mentioned my concerns about working for free they actually custed me out!!! They said they never intended to pay me anyway!!! Then they had the nerve to ask for the tracking #!!!!!
This company does not pay at all.
P.S. The worst part about it is that I schedule closings on a first come first serve basis, so when a local title company called me (which happens to be co-owned by one of the attorneys that trained me to close) I told them I was already booked for closings and couldn't close their loans because I was busy closing for PLS which I had no idea wouldn't pay. And the local title company pays me within three days!!! I will be contacting the Federal Trade Commission, The California Attorney General and the FCC. They need to know about the fraud this company is committing.

Reply by Sheila in San Jose CA on 7/27/05 1:09pm
Msg #55096

not my experience, they do require fax backs, but only certain docs, and they pay timely, and will pay more if the circumstances warrant it. (lots of factors can affect how much they will pay you) I will work for them anytime.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/27/05 1:51pm
Msg #55109

"I don't have a fax machine so I went to Office Depot and they said it would be over fifty dollars to fax that many pages."

A fax machine is a requirement in this business and it is assumed that you have the right equipment to do the job.

While it is utterly ridiculous that they would ask you to fax the entire package back to them, the fact that it would cost you $50 to do it at Office Depot isn't their problem, that's something you should have been able to do from home to begin with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.