Notary Rotary
Assignment From Mortgage Co
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Giselle_CA on 7/2/05 3:12pm
Msg #49584

I was supposed to receive the loan documents last week. They called and said many things happen in between...so I received the package this morning. The Mortgage Co said they talked to the borrower yesterday and it could be done on Tuesday and the time what up to me and the borrower. I called the borrower this morning to make an appt. She got made and said she talked to the Co yesterday and was not prepared to sign the documents and that she feels pressure into signing. I said I was not going to call her again. Now I have the documents with me. I left a message to the Co. stating what happened and that I was returning the package back to them. How would you have handle something like this?

Reply by Giselle_CA on 7/2/05 3:15pm
Msg #49586

I am sorry about the typos. I was in a hurry when I typed the post.

Reply by Mistarella on 7/2/05 3:20pm
Msg #49587

Just like you did. We are not here to pressure anyone into anything. I wouldn't return the package yet. Something may happen like BRW may change her mind and decide to sign and returning them will cost the lender $$$. Even if you don't want to do the signing and they hire someone else, the other notary may pick them up from you, rather than you send them back and they resend them to the notary. Speak with a live person first. It's a holiday weekend, I know, but the lender will be more appreciative if you don't cost them more $$$ than necessary.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 7/2/05 3:41pm
Msg #49589

Mistarella. Thank you for responding. I was wondering If I should return the package or not yet. I think you are right. The borrower might change her mind at a later time and do the signing myself or I can always give the documents to another notary in my area. Either wat I will wait until I get a live person and see how they would like to proceed from there. Again, thank you.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/2/05 3:45pm
Msg #49590

That's why we're all here! Good Luck Giselle! N/M

Reply by Sam I am on 7/2/05 4:15pm
Msg #49595

I agree - don't send the docs back quite yet. Had a signing where the borrower was shocked when I arrived. Said she had x-led the loan the day prior and the house was already listed with a realtor to sell instead of re-fi.

I told borrower I would shred the docs when I got home. Right after I finished shredding the Title Co. called and said the loan was back on. I had even deleted the e-docs so everything had to be re-sent and re-printed!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.