Notary Rotary
Backdated signings
Notary Discussion History

Backdated signings
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by FL SUN-FUN on 7/13/05 3:30pm
Msg #51719

Backdated signings

I was just asked to do a backdated signing and turned it down. I told them that the document date can be whatever they want but the Notarization date must be today. They had already sent the docs to my email. They called me back and said they found someone to backdate. My question to you all is do I report this and if so to whom... Thanks for any input.

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/13/05 4:12pm
Msg #51748

Prefect opportunity for you to check in a few weeks at the recorders office to find out what notary is doing this. Then report them.

Reply by Magic Lady CA on 7/13/05 4:27pm
Msg #51766

I had the same thing happen to me. When I declined to do the signing I got alot of harassment about how notaries do this all the time, when I asked his name again, he hung up on me. I, too, felt like I wanted to report it to someone, but, didn't know how. At least you had the document e-mailed to you and have an opportunity to follow up. I think more of us need to be able to police ourselves in order to keep the industry honest. Good luck...

Reply by ANON on 7/13/05 7:17pm
Msg #51820

Absolutely! Anyone who is conspiring to commit fraud and violate notary law deserves to be reported. It makes the rest of us look bad!

Reply by OnTheGoInFla on 7/17/05 12:39pm
Msg #52796

Who would this be reported to?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.