Brand of Laser Printer You Use for E-Docs and Faxed Docs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Teresa on 7/2/05 10:44pm
Msg #49658

Hi All.
I am newly comissioned and certified for loan signing. I am eager to get started and have actually received some calls. Unfortunately, I am in a very rural area so courier service on Weekends is pretty much non-exsistant. So I have been unable to accept assignment (they just happened to fall on a Friday/Saturday situation). Anyway, I have been looking into different brands of fax/copier/scanner combinations and I am wondering what other people use. Can you please be specific as to brand/model number and possibly store where purchased (if it is a big name) and approximate cost? Also, if you can offer details as to the benefits or problems with that particular model, that would be great. I really appreciate any input you have. Thanks all and have a great Fourth of July weekend!

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 7/2/05 11:21pm
Msg #49661

Teresa,
Congratulations on starting your loan signing business!
First, let me say that it is helpful if you put your state abreviation with your name. It helps others when answering your questions.
Second, at the top of the page where the tabs are is an orange SEARCH tab. Do a search on PCL and you will get a wealth of information on all kinds of printer, printer problems, compatibiities, etc. The printer you get must be a laser printer that is PCL compliant. Go with Hewlett-Packard.
Good Luck.

Reply by Teresa CA on 7/3/05 10:35am
Msg #49676

Thanks BarbaraL. I spent extra time on this site and found tons of information. I am also from CA and will now add that when I have a question.

I actually emailed HP and asked for suggestions and was told I should get model 4101 which is $1500-1800 on ebay. I am scared to look at what it sells for from HP. And it is way bigger then I was interested in anyway!

I have been looking into the ones they offer on Ebay the HP 3030 which are refurbished to brand new condition. I am seriously leaning toward that one.

Thanks for the information.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/3/05 12:04am
Msg #49663

This one is a workhorse

Pay close attention to the ones offered by e-bix.

http://search.ebay.com/HP-LaserJet-3330_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Reply by Teresa CA on 7/3/05 10:40am
Msg #49677

Re: This one is a workhorse

Thank you for the link. I have actually already been looking at that one. Is that what you have? I have looked at it a bunch of times and it looks like it would work for me. It is a great price too! And I could have it in two days.

One more question though. I was reading through past messages and saw something about needing to sign up with E-fax or My-fax. Is that required to do E-Docs? I really didn't receive any information on E-docs or Fax-Docs in my Signing Course. Just wondering exactly how it works and if it is worth it. How many companies do courier anymore?

Thanks again!

Reply by Les/CO on 7/3/05 11:28am
Msg #49681

I'm looking for (less expensive than from HP..16 MB 100 pin DIMM =$150) memory for a HP1320 printer. Any suggestions? THANKS!!

Reply by John_NorCal on 7/3/05 12:12pm
Msg #49687

Re: Memory

I came across this company. They seem to have a good deal on memory for printers and computers.
http://www.4allmemory.com/search/hp/laserjet.cfm?q=Hewlett-Packard+LaserJet+1320/n/nw/tn

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/3/05 5:19pm
Msg #49703

I would monitor E-bay

I maxed by 3330 to 96mb, and my 1200 SE to 72 mm with shipping for less than 50 bucks

Reply by Les/CO on 7/4/05 9:05am
Msg #49741

Re: I would monitor E-bay

Thanks for the memory info.

Reply by Dave_CA on 7/3/05 12:07pm
Msg #49685

Efax

I have tried both efax and MaxEmail both work but I prefer MaxEmail as the faxed documents all come as .pdf files and so I should be able to print these anywhere in the event I have a problem with my PC.

I don't find an efax number necessary for E-Docs but it is convenient.
The main advantage to either service for me is that I don't need to keep a dedicated line to receive a fax. I only use my fax machine for sending and so I control when that line is busy.

I also have a very good HP 7410 All-in-One. This is a color ink jet so I can't use it to print edocs but since anything faxed to me comes to my MaxEmail account it is printed on my laser printer.
This gives me a color printing capability for my marketing and personal printing needs.

I get about 60%-70% of my work as edocs.

Hope this helps.

Reply by Teresa CA on 7/3/05 12:20pm
Msg #49690

Re: Efax

Thanks Dave. That does help. When trying to decide how much money to put out to start this business, it is nice to know what to expect as far as use of the machine. Have a great day!

Reply by P WA on 7/3/05 5:09pm
Msg #49702

I use a Samsung ML 2250, you can find them on the web at most any reputable retailer. They are currently running @ $200.00 or so with a 5000 page cartridge included. Good luck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.