Notary Rotary
Can't get dual tray HP printer to respond varied sized docs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by peterole_MN on 7/30/05 8:54am
Msg #55863

I operate mostly from a Presario 2200 laptop connected to an HP Laserject 1320tn dual tray printer. When I download and save pdf to target and then try to print, selecting as PDF directs, for papar size, everything still comes out on legal. No problem 99% of the time as legal has been accepted, then I get one that demands that you print size as the PDF directs and if they have doc inventory indicating paper size I am ok, I cut them as needed. But, it takes time and would like to get the system to respond and select the right size paper automatically. Could it be that the PDF has been prepared incorrectly and has lost the size directions. I will gladly pay the person that solves my problem...the pay, a virtual mocha. (I have saved several PDF to experiment with, so fire away with your ideas.)

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/30/05 1:05pm
Msg #55912

Re: Can't get dual tray HP printer to respond varied sized d

First, be sure your printer is properly configured. From what I've been told, the manual feed is considered tray 1, the top tray as tray 2 and the bottom tray is tray 3.

Also, be sure when you print from Adobe, you select the check box for page selection by PDF page size.

I have a little three page "test" PDF file that you can download (http://www.pawnotary.com/documents/testfeed.pdf) from my website. The file prints the first and thrid page in legal size and the second page is letter size.

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/30/05 7:04pm
Msg #55993

Most common problem I've seen is people often not use the software cd that came with the equipment (printer) to configure the setting. Windows will detect & install the correct driver for use with such equipment through the plug-n-play feature, but the cd contains the neccessary utility software for setting up the printer.

If you didn't use the cd to set up your printer, then that might just be the problem your printer is experiencing.

Reply by OnTheGoInFla on 7/30/05 9:51pm
Msg #56017

I had a similar problem with my hp2550n One question is How is the printer hooked to the laptop? Serial cable, USB cable, or Network
Then does the printer have memory. If it has memory you have to configure the memory with the tray size as wellas the settings in the laptop. In mine I was able to call HP for help getting it configured. They had to escalate it to 2 different help desk levels to get the answer. There were I think 5 different places where I had to set the paper size.

Hope this helps

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.