Notary Rotary
Charge fee
Notary Discussion History

Charge fee
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Deno88TX on 7/23/05 9:37am
Msg #54092

Charge fee

Got a call to do a closing, was left another message that "it is going to be a 1 and 2, we require 2 mortgages signed, it would be e-docs, and i would have to make copies for borrowers, am I correct in thinking to charge double fees for the 1st and 2nd refinance?????

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/23/05 10:02am
Msg #54099

Whatever you charge for the first, you should charge 1/2 of that for the 2nd. i.e. $150 for the first = $75 for the 2nd. Total of $225.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/23/05 11:18am
Msg #54110

You should charge whatever you want to charge. There are no set fees in this industry. Signing Services typically pay an additional 50% of what ever the single loan fee would be.

I don't bill that way. My invoicing is broken down into (1) the signing of a loan document set, (2) printing/copying fees, if any and (3) travel fee, plus other miscellaneous expenses. Therefore if there are two loans, then there are two loan document signing fees. (Discount provided for HELOC's and small packages.)

That way, the hiring agency gets a detailed and descriptive list of exactly what my fees are for. Obviously, only one trip fee would be billed, and possibly two "edoc" fees would be billed in addition.

Reply by Deno88TX on 7/24/05 9:46pm
Msg #54401

thanks, got is straight now

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.