Notary Rotary
Customer ID/Patriot Act/CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by CA_Jeanet on 7/24/05 3:10pm
Msg #54275

I searched the threads, but still have a question. Who fills in the information regarding the borrower's identification? There are "Descrepancies and Resolution" at the bottom of the page and Completed by ________________. Common sense says someone else fills in the info, but want to be sure before shipping tomorrow. There are copies of indentification included.
TIA

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/24/05 3:22pm
Msg #54280

Because I'm checking the ID during the sign up process, I have always filled this out and put in my name as "signing agent".

The first time I came across one, I had the same question as you - since I was the one checking ID, who else could possibly fill this out? My dilemma was "do I put 'notary' or 'signing agent'? Because it wasn't an ack, or a jurat...the only other option was agent. I've since been told by E/O's it was correct to do that.

If that's not correct, somebody tell me quick.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/24/05 3:29pm
Msg #54284

I do the same as you TitleGalCA. But this form is interesting because it asks for TWO forms of identification. Before I go to a signing I'll asked the borrower(s) if they have two forms of ID readily available specifically in order to fill out this document. I sign the document with the title - "Signing Agent"

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 7/24/05 4:52pm
Msg #54298

Thanks to the both of you. This is precisely what I did. I have found no other site where others are so helpful. I don't even visit the others anymore. The help and fun make it worth while!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.