Notary Rotary
Ditech
Notary Discussion History

Ditech
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by oldhippie_IL on 7/19/05 1:06pm
Msg #53134

Ditech

What do you guys think of Ditech loans, and what would you charge?

Reply by jb/CA on 7/19/05 1:12pm
Msg #53136

Standard set of docs but most SS require numerous fax backs ( a Ditech policy). Most SS only offer between 50-65 for a refi. Unless you are in a remote area you probably won't get more than that. I used to do alot of them a few years ago but don't accept them anymore unless they are in my area.
Hope that helps!

Reply by Laura_nh on 7/19/05 1:33pm
Msg #53141

they only pay $55.00. no negotiations...they tell you what you are getting paid. faxbacks, faxbacks,faxbacks. not bad if its in your town, but if you are in a remote area like i am, i am not driving 60+ miles one way for $55.00.

Reply by Roger/OH on 7/19/05 1:35pm
Msg #53142

I've always liked DiTechs, and have done hundreds of them - easy packages that are always pretty much the same, so you know what to expect. Usually 20 minutes in and out for me.

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 7/19/05 1:52pm
Msg #53144

Alot of fax backs?? Is it worth it then, alot of time.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 7/19/05 2:00pm
Msg #53148

I just did a Ditech on Monday...

I just about faxed back the entire package. I was getting a little pissed at the 3rd time the girl from the SS called saying she didn't get such and such. I said, "Look, I've got a confirmation stating 15 pages went through. If I have to fax anymore, I'm going to charge you."

I got a lot more than $55.00 though.

Reply by MsRobboPA on 7/19/05 3:25pm
Msg #53164

Re: I just did a Ditech on Monday...

I have done alot of Ditechs and the faxing is a real pain. Don't do it for $55 though. Negotiate for more especially with the soaring gas prices.

Reply by Magic Lady CA on 7/19/05 6:27pm
Msg #53221

Re: I just did a Ditech on Monday...

I agree with Roger, the loans are pretty straight forward and I don't really mind them at all. I hate all the faxing, though. I ran into the same problem as Cherilyn. Th SS kept saying they had not rec'd all the docs, but I had confirmation that all pages were sent.

I wish they could establish a better relationship with the notaries they use, and trust them to do their job correctly. If a notary does poorly for them, they should just not use them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.