Notary Rotary
Duplicate ACK Saga...
Notary Discussion History

Duplicate ACK Saga...
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Merry_CA on 7/7/05 5:44pm
Msg #50382

Duplicate ACK Saga...

So here's the scoop... remember yesterday I had a SS call me to ask for a duplicate signed, dated and stamped ack to attach to a DOT I had notarized a couple of weeks age? Brenda, Angelina and others gave very sound support and advice about my unwillingness to "help" get this loan funded. Not to mention my gall in contacting the CA SOS! That really didn't go over very well with SS of TC. I called TC and they said they were waiting for DOT to come back from CR so they could fax me the ack showing unreadable stamp. Can you believe they never got back to me?! Smiley This morning the SS called to say that they were email a new DOT for me to take out to the borrower for re-signing. No problem. But, from reading this board I learned that many of you file the emailed docs to your hard drive to save for a while. I have been doing that and in this case it was interesting to note that when the new DOT arrived it had a different payoff date than the one I notarized two weeks ago. Do you think that could have been why they wanted a dup ack and not an unreadable notary stamp? Hummmmmm?

Reply by Calnotary on 7/7/05 6:05pm
Msg #50387

In your case when they say something like that, I tell them I dont do nothing till you guys send me
the jurat or ack. with the missing seal or missing signature or whatever. I keep the loan doc in my email till I get paid, then I delete them.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/8/05 4:26am
Msg #50518

Same song, different singer.

You'll see this kind of tale told here many times over. That's one reason quite a few NSAs are very reluctant to do a loose ack or jurat. Just be careful how you word your response to the signing service! You do deserve to be paid for your second trip. Not, IMHO, more than a trip fee, say half of your normal overnighted docs fee. You're just getting one document signed and notarized. Fair's fair.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.