Notary Rotary
E-DOCS HELP!
Notary Discussion History

E-DOCS HELP!
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 7/30/05 9:58pm
Msg #56021

E-DOCS HELP!

Can someone please tell me how I can set up to recieve e-docs.(in the proper format) So far all my docs, are fed ex to me, or the client. I am a newbie I must admit. Thanks for the help!

Reply by Monica - FL on 7/30/05 10:03pm
Msg #56024

Most of mine come in PDF format. That's so easy. you will need to download Adobe Acrobat reader. I am using 6.0. If you look at the bottom of the e-mail there is usually a box that will show you what is there - just click on it, then when the box comes up to download, just click download, then SAVE and it will show you where on your desktop it is going to save. When the download is complete, just click open and you are there. Hope this helps.
Sometimes, though, they do use other programs such as SwiftView and DocMagic. They will give you instructions on how to download them.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/30/05 10:07pm
Msg #56029

Thanks Monica! That was quick

Reply by Monica-FL on 7/30/05 10:08pm
Msg #56030

Your very welcome. Good luck.

Reply by jason_AL on 7/30/05 10:03pm
Msg #56026

What format is the docs coming in, there is several formats, most are PDF. which you will need acrobat reader.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/30/05 10:09pm
Msg #56031

Well, I recieved a call asking me to do a signing. She just asked if I could do e docs and I replied that I was not set up for that. I do have adobe reader already. I only have an inkjet printer Any advice????

Reply by jason_AL on 7/30/05 10:19pm
Msg #56034

I've done signings with an ink jet printer, didnt have a problem, the only difference is laser printed pages last longer then inkjet printed pages, the ink tense to fade. But never had a problem.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/30/05 11:43pm
Msg #56045

No, no, NO! NO InkJets!!!

You MUST have a laser printer to do edocs! There are too many problems with documents printed on InkJet printers.

Read previous posts.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/31/05 7:45am
Msg #56059

You've *NEVER* had a problem with inkets *YET.* However, had the SS, TC or LO known you were only capable of printing on an inkjet, they would never have given you the job. Laser printers are a REQUIREMENT, MUST HAVE, NO WAY OF GETTING AROUND IT necessity of this job.

Reply by Bonnie/FL on 7/31/05 8:18am
Msg #56066

You can erase (yes you can) Ink Jets docs, you cannot erase Laser printed docs. And yes, Laser printed docs last longer and come out like originals. If whoever hired you and knew you did not have a laser printer, they would have never hired you. I agree with all above! Read most ever profile you complete for the signing agencies.....do you have a laser printer? They ask for a reason.

Reply by LilyMD on 7/31/05 9:42am
Msg #56077

Printing with an ink jet! NO NO NO NO.

Reply by jason_AL on 7/31/05 11:22am
Msg #56098

No, Im not saying I do it all the time, I have before, never had a problem, invest in a laser printer ASAP.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.