Edoc Return-My Address??
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Lisa/WI on 7/28/05 6:08am
Msg #55293

Edoc Return-My Address??

Reply by Lisa/WI on 7/28/05 6:27am
Msg #55294

Try this again!!

I have a request to put my address in the senders field for returning Edocs. Company claims they have been getting overcharged for notary errors on this. I have done it both ways with my name in the senders field and the recipient in the senders field and never been charged, but now I do it with both the same after I read a thread on someone being charged for shipping on return docs. What would you do??

Reply by Melissa/FL on 7/28/05 8:23am
Msg #55309

Re: Try this again!!

I always put my company name and address in the return address field, together with the Borrower's name/TC company name in the "reference field". IMO, this serves two purposes: 1) it gives my company info to the person receiving the docs, which sometimes generates direct business for me from the lender and 2) the information in the reference field allows me to quickly find the correct file if there is a billing error. For what it's worth, I've only been billed incorrectly twice, once by UPS and once by DHL. Both were errors on the part of the delivery company because the proper account number for billing was on the label. I just called them and politely explained the situation and things were cleared up quickly.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 7/28/05 9:04am
Msg #55316

When making out my own airbills, I put me as the sender. Then I check the instructions to make sure they say overnight and not ground. Have'nt had a comany try to get me to pay for over shipping fees yet.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/28/05 9:59am
Msg #55328

You know...what they COULD do is create the label themselves and send it via edocs. I get those all the time.

Reply by db_IL on 7/28/05 11:14am
Msg #55337

The only way you'll be charged for shipping is if the label contains your account number (either by writing it in or using preprinted/precoded ones). UPS kept charging me even when I put the receiver's(TC's) account # and checked the matching box. So now I put the TC's account # twice (for sender's account # & for receiver's account #). Never been charged since and never had any complaints.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/28/05 1:08pm
Msg #55362

I do the same thing, recievers acct # in both places.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.