Notary Rotary
FedEx Deliveries
Notary Discussion History

FedEx Deliveries
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Here to help on 7/23/05 8:49am
Msg #54090

FedEx Deliveries

Did you know that even when an airbill is signed "no signature required" it is still up to the individual drivers discretion as to whether or not to leave the package if no one is home? I had this experience recently, and was told this by a FedEx customer service support supervisor. To make sure that your packages are left everytime, whether or not "no signature required" is indicated on the airbill, you can call FedEx, and UPS, too, for that matter, and place a permanent order that all packages be left if you're not home. That way, you aren't chasing packages and rearranging schedules because of missing packages.

Reply by Bonnie/FL on 7/23/05 10:10pm
Msg #54202

Thanks for the info. I have called Fedex and UPS and have been told that if a signature is required by the sender, there is nothing I can do about it and have wasted tons of time waiting for packages to be delivered (late of course). I will call them again and try what you suggested especially since I have an account with both of them!

Reply by Kathi/AZ on 7/25/05 10:35am
Msg #54478

I just had this happen this past Saturday. I ran up to the post office and when I got back there was a hang tag saying I could pick up the package after 5PM. These were docs for a 1PM close. I called Fed Ex immediatley, and explained the situaiton. She said the driver was headed back to the main office and I could pick up the pacage at noon. Luckily for me the drive actually came back and delivered the docs, I had only missed him by 10 minutes. He explained the signature on file process, so I signed the hang tag to have all future delivers left at the door.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 10:41am
Msg #54481

You can also have a drop box outside, similar to a milk box, for packages to be put in.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.