Notary Rotary
Great stuff here today...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by TitleGalCA on 7/12/05 5:11pm
Msg #51381

One of the things that continually blows my mind is the absolute WEALTH of information contained on this board. I've said it before and will say it again, all you have to do to become successful is to READ, and soak up all the wealth of knowledge that these professionals have posted here, for their benefit and for the benefit of newbies.

It took me a while to get it at first - the reason why these experienced posters get so annoyed with the proverbial "dumb question" - its no wonder these generous folks blow up at some questions, they've said it a hundred times already. After benefitting myself from just reading, it takes a real horses @ss to criticize, or to ask to be bottle fed in THEIR new business, by their competition.

End of rant - back to closings...

Reply by Susan/OH on 7/12/05 6:55pm
Msg #51405

Well said!!!!

Reply by christiSocal on 7/12/05 11:07pm
Msg #51473

I agree; VERY well said!

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/12/05 7:11pm
Msg #51410

I love this board too. I love my MoJo which I can't beleive I ever lived without! I love my quick dry pens that never smear!

I even love the arguments that get started with each and every 'proverbial dumb question'.

And while we are talking about professionals with a wealth of information... you take the cake Title Gal. I learn something almost every time I read your posts.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/12/05 7:12pm
Msg #51411

Re: ... spelling police n/m

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/12/05 8:06pm
Msg #51420

Ditto, Angelina :).....n/m

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/12/05 8:30pm
Msg #51425

Have to take exception to some of today's posts....

I don't think Cali is a weirdo. I think Nicole_NCal's profile is fine (downright good). I think Slyvia is as cool as a cucumber and has a way of putting people on the right track with great advice. CarolynCO - solid - (but don't tick her off).

However, AlisonB and Eve might consider spending some quality reading time- which is why I wrote this in the first place. Those posts aren't included in my original meaning (other than for general amusement purposes).

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/12/05 9:20pm
Msg #51441

Re: Have to take exception to some of today's posts....

I know what you mean. I took exception all over the place but I think I was posting 'behind the power curve' because everyone was done by the time I got my 2 cents in. I really thought that the thing about Nicole's profile was just... wow! When I read it I thought... man oh man... this ones got alot to learn about business... and life!

Reality hits everyone eventually. I noticed that the one who called you "Miss Know It All" a few days ago later posted that she was going on her first signing and asked all kinds of questions. She got a lot of help too... but she was posting under a different name and had a better attitude. Very interesting.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/12/05 9:40pm
Msg #51449

Agreed, to all. My motto is "don't engage" in silliness. However, I haven't been called a weirdo yet. Might hit a nerve! and if I've had a sip or two of vino...after a hard day of dealing...you never know.

there was one post not too long ago I wanted to address as "Cali UNLEASHED". But I figured it was best to not add fuel to the fire. Why don't these guys go post in the 'under twenty' category on MSN??

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 9:56pm
Msg #51452

Actually - I think the exact phrase was 'freak'. I had to bite my tongue - well my fingers anyway to keep away from the keyboard.

Anywho, just got off the phone with a couple who's loan I did a few weeks ago. They asked me to come notarize three forms for their daughter who was going to study abroad. (Relax Hugh not study A broad.) I said it wouldn't be a problem.

Then I realized that my fee to them would be over $60! I just called them back and suggested they send her to a Kinkos instead. They said OK and abruptly hung up on me. I was just trying to save them some money.

I think I like working on loans much better than working with the 'general public'.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/13/05 12:45am
Msg #51499

Re: Well....

Obviously... MY motto is not... "don't engage" in silliness although I have the utmost respect for those that can hold to this. What I think is totally cheesy are the ones that post 'extremely antagonistic' or volatile posts and then they ignore the replies as if they are "not engaging" when they engaged in the first damn place. They start it... but they don't have the strength of their convictions... and I swear I fall for it every time. They are as gutless as anonymous posters IMO. Honestly, I'm totally guilty of adding fuel to the fire... and loving it! Is that where I need to go to have a decent argument around here... the under twenty category... I'd rip them whipper snappers to shreds.

I have asked alot of very direct questions on this board in reference to things that were posted and I've been completely ignored. But Oh well... I'm poppin' in Point Break tonight (thanks Ernest) and I'm gonna dream of body shots with Patrick.

My business is going 'full steam ahead' and I LOVE what I do and that... in the end is what matters. I'm on track for $75K in my first year and I am flippin THRILLED. I am averaging 2-3 signings/day and I never stopped filling in my journal ahead of time until I got a MOJO. My goal for year 2 will be $100K but I think I need some Notary Classes in order to get to it!

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/13/05 1:18am
Msg #51509

*sniff*

I feel so special. I would love to see my unleashed doppelganger on this board. The real unleashed me would probably pretty much just say what I've been saying, but with a lot more swear words thrown in Smiley

And I'm glad you think I'm not a weirdo. I'm really just an opinionated and outspoken whitebread boy.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/12/05 9:50pm
Msg #51451

**CarolynCO - solid - (but don't tick her off).**

Guilty as charged. My husband even tells people not to p*ss me off because I'll stay up all night thinking of ways to get even.

Reply by Jon on 7/12/05 11:55pm
Msg #51491

The above referenced posts are why I post less often than I used to. I just can't stand the moronic, ignorant, void of intelligence questions and responses from those that have the experience of 6 weeks and 7(mock) signings(not to mention their "certified" certificate). People like me with few more signings, several more years of experience have obviously forgotten the wealth of knowledge that we acquired toward the end of our second month, and need to be reminded so we can be successful.

I guess I'm just jealous and afraid of competition.

Reply by JanetK/CA on 7/13/05 12:51am
Msg #51502

LOL!!! Great post! nm

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/13/05 9:06pm
Msg #51849

Thanks for the good review of my post..I thought that because I need too much well....I normally don't get into the drama on the board, but damn..I read this forum for months before I decided to do loans, I wish I had really taken more time to go to post number 1, but the new group of SA are downright silly with their expectations and comments.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.