Notary Rotary
HELP!!!!
Notary Discussion History

HELP!!!!
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by ny_notarypub on 7/14/05 10:01pm
Msg #52325

HELP!!!!

Having major printing problems... have to download and print an Ameriquest loan package and my printer does not support the PCL!!!

How am I suppose to print these docs now??

Signing is scheduled for tomorrow (friday) at 1:00 pm EST. The package was finally delivered to me up 'till about an hour ago, it's 11:00 pm EST now.

Anyone ever try using KINKOS??

thanks in advance for any help!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/14/05 10:03pm
Msg #52326

What printer do you have?

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/14/05 10:07pm
Msg #52327

If you can't use Kinkos, go "borrow" one with PCL6 from any store that has a no hassle return policy. Most store open at 9am so you have plenty of time.

Reply by ny_notarypub on 7/14/05 10:17pm
Msg #52330

that's what i was thinking Nd_WA!

my printer is an HP 1012.

I've printed eDocs before with this printer and had no problem (ie. Countrywide), the printer is spitting out cross-eyed font and pages that say "unsupported Personality: PCL" .

how about the HP 1320 for tomorrow?? I know Staples has this.

I've been looking to get a Brother 5150DLT, but haven't had the funds to do so yet!!

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 7/14/05 10:22pm
Msg #52332

If all else fails, go to Kinkos...I did in a bind...cost me $13 or so...which is less than I charged for the e-docs so I was actually ahead!

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/14/05 10:26pm
Msg #52337

My advice for the loaner is try before you buy if you will be in the market for a new one.

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/14/05 10:24pm
Msg #52334

HP1320 is a better choice....n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/14/05 10:25pm
Msg #52335

Check this out:
http://forums2.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=593115&admit=-1335382922+1121397871327+28353475

I would get that HP1320. It has the PCL6 drivers, so you should be able to print out any edocs without a problem. And if you do enough edocs, it will soon pay for itself.

Reply by ny_notarypub on 7/14/05 10:32pm
Msg #52338

info on the HP 1022...

I just looked and saw that the newer version of the HP 1012....the 1022, supports HP PCL 5e.

May pick this up "temporarily" for tomorrow's closing.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/14/05 10:55pm
Msg #52345

I can't belive what I'm reading ...

Here you are saying that you are going to defraud the store. You are "buying" the printer to do something that needs to be done, and then return it because you don't want it any more.

I'm really ashamed that you and Nd would even be thinking along those lines. Have you no integrity? Retail stores don't rent their machines, though some rental places actually do.

I suggest that a better option would be to buy something that will meet your needs, like the 1320. And KEEP IT.

Sheesh! <shaking head in disbelief>

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/15/05 1:40am
Msg #52415

Re: I can't belive what I'm reading ...

I can't believe that you're the only person to take issue with this so far Paul. We're constantly seeing ridiculous posts chastising people for being "rude" in here, but nobody sees anything wrong with this?

I also can't believe that somebody who apparently understands the PCL concept would buy the correct printer and then not keep it. I mean DUH. Some things are worth putting on a credit card if you don't have the cash for them. This would be one of them.

Sheesh indeed!

Reply by Melody on 7/15/05 2:20am
Msg #52418

I'm appalled too, Paul. ~n/m

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/15/05 10:33am
Msg #52447

I don't think there is anything to be "ashamed" of. Yes, this is a public board, and my advice to the original poster is in realm of reality an average consumer would do (try before you buy).

Reply by Eatha/PA on 7/15/05 1:56pm
Msg #52490

But u wouldn't buy a re-packaged printer yourself, would u?

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/15/05 2:05pm
Msg #52492

"my advice to the original poster is in realm of reality an average consumer would do (try before you buy)"

Then you're an unethical bastard.

You are NOT advising him to try before he buys, you're advising him to buy something for the sole purpose of using it once to fill a need an return it. And you damn well know it, no matter what ridiculous spin you put on it.

The way to try a printer before you buy it is to go to a store that has display models set up and test it that way. You're advising him to rip off the store as they obviously won't be able to sell it as a new printer if he does what you're suggesting.

Just disgusting.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/15/05 3:42pm
Msg #52514

You didn't say that, Andy (try before you buy). You said:

[quote]
If you can't use Kinkos, go "borrow" one with PCL6 from any store that has a no hassle return policy.
[/quote]

"Borrow"ing is not trying before "buy"ing. The implication is that there is no intention of buying the product, simply using it and returning it when you're finished. For that, you should be ashamed. It is deplorable that the thought would have even crossed your mind.

Reply by JurneiCA on 7/15/05 2:16pm
Msg #52496

PAW I like your style...

Reply by Dorothy/MI on 7/15/05 10:20am
Msg #52445

And you don't consider that cheating??

Where is all the usual outcry about integrity? This is beyond belief!! Also, depending on the SS you got the docs from, many times you can get them sent to you in PDF format instead of going to the web site to pick up the docs.

Reply by Jessica Benitez on 7/15/05 9:51pm
Msg #52594

Re: And you don't consider that cheating??

Aside from closings, I also work for Home Depot. At the returns desk. When you buy something, use it and return it, the store loses money. They CAN"T sell it as new. This in turn drives up prices.

Look in consumer reports, ask around and get recommendations, and BUY what you plan to KEEP!!

Reply by Pete/NY on 7/14/05 10:32pm
Msg #52339

Sylvia

How do you get Kinko's to print out the docs? Let's say the ss sent you the e-doc file, do you then forward that file to Kinko's or back it up to a CD and give it to them? I'd like to know in the future. Thanks.

Reply by sheila in san jose ca on 7/14/05 10:42pm
Msg #52340

Re: printing garbled

make sure you clear out your printer cache from any and all computers that have access to the printer (network) I had that problem once for a long time, never knew there was an old print job sent to the wrong printer in error,and it was never cleared-s(went on for months!) everytime this particular printer was chosen it would spit out a never ending stream of garbage text. clear all print jobs under your printer settings. for all your computers hooked up to the same network. hope it helps

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/14/05 10:44pm
Msg #52342

Thanks Sheila

I never knew that. I have trouble when I print envelopes. I get extra printed pages.

Reply by IL-not on 7/14/05 11:06pm
Msg #52349

Pete.....

Just log on to your email on a computer at Kinko's, just like you would at home. download the docs and send them to the printer. I've done it, it's easy but you will pay for computer time too. still less than what you are charging for edocs.

Reply by Pete/NY on 7/14/05 11:14pm
Msg #52357

IL-not

Of course. Sometimes I'm brainless. I'm too tired tonight. Really stressed out from a signing today at the last minute that I worked on with travel time included for 8 hours. $100. Is that minimum wage??? Now I'm up in the air as to what loose attachments to clip to some of the docs. Hope someone answers my question on another thread. Thanks Illini.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/14/05 11:38pm
Msg #52367

Re: Sylvia

I would never go to Kinko's or any other third party to print out the docs. There is the privacy issue!
If I was the borrower I would be very unhappy that my loan docs had been printed out at a Kinko's or anywhere else other than at the signing agent's or the title company or lender.

Reply by Pete/NY on 7/14/05 11:43pm
Msg #52372

Re: Sylvia

I guess I could stand over them with a shotgun or blindfold them? You make a good point. But a couple of years ago when my laser decided to crap out in the middle of printing docs, I had two different ss's send the docs to Kinko's and told me to pick them up there. I didn't even ask. They just told me. That would be even worse I think because the docs could be there a long time before I got to them. If I'm right there when they print them out, I could watch what someone is doing. I hope at least....

Reply by droman/IL on 7/15/05 12:43am
Msg #52405

Re: HELP

You might also want to check HPs website to see if there is a print driver you can install. Or, if you are downloading with VMP or SecureSendit!, you can call their tech support, and they can walk you through the download and help you print the docs the right way. I was using my Konica Minolta for a long time to print docs, and I used the SecureSendit! tech to help me. He gave me a useful 'backdoor' on how to print docs with my Minolta, and I never had a problem after that. I have since bought the HP 1320, and for the most part it's great, but there are times when I'm printing PDF docs, and all of a sudden the printer fails to print. I have to log off of everything and reboot. I think it might be a memory issue, but since it's been 'solvable' up to this point, I'm not too concerned.

Reply by JurneiCA on 7/15/05 2:14pm
Msg #52495

Using my HP1320tn on a network with wireless router

Never a problem, with memory or otherwise. If your 1320 is failing at times, it may be an issue with your computer and available memory from there.

I saw someone else post about getting more memory for the 1320tn, but I've had some mega packages and still no problem for the last 6 months I've had it.

Wonder why the 1320tn would be choking on someone?

Reply by Les/CO on 7/15/05 2:27pm
Msg #52498

Re: HELP

I've had similar problems with large (120 pages) PDF files. I installed additional memory in my 1320nt (did not buy it from HP bought it from SA Technologies Inc. (www.satech.com) saved a couple of hundred $ ) No problem now, and printer is also faster.

Reply by Jimmy_FL on 7/15/05 2:11pm
Msg #52494

You can't use the hp 1012. The pcl is too low and you will not be able to do Ameriquest loans. The hp 1320 is a very good printer. you need a pcl of 5e or higher. you can go to kinkos or office depot and ask for a laser printer with pcl of 5e or higher.. Good luck!!!

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/18/05 8:55am
Msg #52892

Re: To Nd_WA

I know that the horse is dead, but I've been in the mountains since Thursday evening and just returned. At one time I used to respect your opinions and knowledge, however, that has changed because I can no longer accept your less than ethical morals, i.e., try before you buy -- borrower the printer from the store and return it once you print the e-docs. Your suggestions/actions are pretty low in my book.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/19/05 10:20am
Msg #53096

I'm with PAW, CaliNotary, Carolyn, ...

... and everyone else who sees buying something just to use it and then return it as unethical. For someone in a position of public trust to suggest this form of stealing is highly immoral.

I hope that everyone who reads this thread will add their condemnation.

Reply by Terri - CA on 7/15/05 8:57pm
Msg #52581

Here's a suggestion......

Call someone who's an SA near you and network with them!!!! DUH! I met a wonderful friend and networking co-worker because she was having trouble printing and called me for help. And I did. She printed her docs and now we refer one another when we can't take assignments.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by 3 Notaries on 7/16/05 6:12pm
Msg #52699

I Called the Company and they resent DOCs using email

Many notaries have laser printers that are not compatable. We have an HP Color 2500L. A nice printer but not compatable. When I get stuck on DOCs I call the signing company's help line for the DOCs. Or the company direct and explain the problem you have. IF they are a good company they will understand and help you out.

Reply by jan on 8/22/05 10:31am
Msg #60754

I use them all the time, caution though they don't accept all documents, there are programs that won't download and the Signing company usually knows it in which case I say if you can't overnight them, I can't do it. I'd rather not take the responsibility for printing them on my home computer and if Kinkos doesn't want to download the program with their system I'd have second thoughts about doing it on my own without huge memory. Hope this helps.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.