Notary Rotary
HP 2420 or 1310tn
Notary Discussion History

HP 2420 or 1310tn
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by GenCal on 7/9/05 3:37pm
Msg #50780

HP 2420 or 1310tn

He everyone I've been reading this board for a couple of months and its has been extremely helpful, thanks for all the great info. I'm just starting my business and I'm not clear if these HPs have automatic legal and letter feeders. I'm looking for a laser printer that does both automatically. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/9/05 4:16pm
Msg #50786

This topic has been covere extensively on this board. Please do a search (the search button at the top of the page). In answer to yoru question Ihave a 1320tn which I just love. It does duplex automatically, pcl6 is just about its native language, it has two trays and automatically selects legal or letter if your TC or LO is smart enough to code the files and is just a great overall printer. I have several printers and the 1320tn has just replaced them all as my default printer. I love the network card already installed since my home is WI-FI, I sit on the front deck enjoying the great weather and do my work anyway. It just deosn't get better than that. Well, maybe if I was a kept man....Naw, I like my independance! So its work on!

Reply by GenCal on 7/9/05 5:00pm
Msg #50790

Thanks Charles for the info I didn't know that they had to code for the legal and letter though. I hope you're enjoying the day out on your deck!

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/9/05 6:59pm
Msg #50800

It really depends on the program they use to encode the e-docs. Most of the problems I've run across have been when the TC encodes the docs as a *.pdf file. There is a setting which indicates which tray the printer draws from

I have to tell you I turned down a job recently for a SS who called with e-docs and a 50$ fee. She wanted me to read the docs individually and then print them out in letter or legal. Believe me the requests from some of the newbie or wannabe SS's out there are becoming really outlandish, but I guess that there are people desperate enough to do it.

Unfortunately the deck is kind of drizzly today, the fog is in off the Ocean and I haven't seen the sun all day. I am up in foggy Mendocino County and in the sun belt and even then summers are cool and foggy, where are you?

Best regards,
Charles

Reply by DellaCa on 7/9/05 7:23pm
Msg #50801

Hi Charles some days are nice when its drizzly too isn't it.
I also have the 1320tn and love it .It was worth the price to me. Have a great day!
Della

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/9/05 8:35pm
Msg #50807

Yeah, cool and drizzly beats hot any day for me. I've never done well in the heat. You have yourself a great evening.

Reply by GenCal on 7/9/05 7:46pm
Msg #50803

I live in a Winters its a very small town, its by Lake Berryessa, the other side of Napa, I'm very familiar with Mendo County, inland though my Mother lived in Ukiah for a long time, I've still never made it up to the Town of Mendocino I know its beautiful up there. BTW a signing for 50.00 and edocs to boot! That is outragage!

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/9/05 8:47pm
Msg #50808

I know where Winters is. It's a cute town. You really need to make it out to Mendo. Our nicest weather starts in September and lasts until about the middle of January. I like the redwood coast, it reminds me of my youth in Maine but without having to shovel snow.

I guess the thing that got to me was that the SS wanted me to go doc by doc to print them out on the appropriate paper on top of everything else. She had a laundry list of the way I had to behave myself with the borrowers, arriving 15 minutes early and letting her know that I was at the borrowers' door, calling her before I left the borrowers so that she could make sure that I notarized all the appropriate documents: there were three pages of typed instructions. I should scan and post them on the board for all to have a good laugh sometime when things are slow. She was the SS from Hell! I really don't need that kind of aggravation. I kept the list and have a good laugh everytime I see it.

Anyway have a great weekend. Next time you come to the County you really should visit the coast the difference is night and day.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/10/05 8:57pm
Msg #50891

Charles_CA: You COULD post the service's name.... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.