Notary Rotary
HP 3015
Notary Discussion History

HP 3015
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Hesham Elaziry on 7/7/05 9:04pm
Msg #50420

HP 3015

I have just bought an HP 3015. Any opinions about this printer.
Appreciate your feedback.

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/7/05 9:23pm
Msg #50427

I have just purchased mine as well and have no complaints to date. I do know that it is capable of duplexing but not capable of distinguishing between legal and letter. Load the tray up with legal paper and you should be fine!

Mine works like a charm and was definately in my budget ~ best deal for what I was able to spend.

Best of luck with it!!

Reply by Hesham Elaziry on 7/8/05 12:08am
Msg #50489

Kim, I see one try there, and what seems to be a peper feeder, but without a try. Is one try or two ??

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/8/05 12:44am
Msg #50499

huh? Dont understand the question...try? Explain and I will respond again Smiley

Reply by Iris_WA on 7/8/05 12:50am
Msg #50500

try = tray

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/8/05 12:55am
Msg #50501

OK...not I gotchya...if try=tray, then there is one tray on the bottom with the gray lid that lifts up and down. Fill that up with legal paper.

Make sure that directly above that where you can slide in the manual feed paper that you dont have letter size sitting in there ~~ if you do then the printer will pull from there first.

Let me know if that doesnt make sense and i will try again.

Reply by m-fl on 7/8/05 6:57am
Msg #50526

I have one and I like it fine ... The only thing i dont like about it is that there is not a large yeild toner available for it. It will go thru toner very fast ...

Melda

Reply by Hesham Elaziry on 7/8/05 9:16am
Msg #50533

I appreciate all your comments. You got it right kim. The paper feeder above the tray, do I use as I use the tray at the bottom. What I am trying to ask is: If the paper feeder prints paper- just like the tray- why it is not designed the same way the tray is? Why it looks different ? If both r the same, why r there two, if the printer does not distinguish between legal paper and letter paper ?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/8/05 9:52am
Msg #50543

The little "feeder" that is on top of the paper tray is called a "priority feed". It is used when only one or two "special" papers need to be used instead of the normal paper that is in the tray. For example: Say you are preparing a rather lengthy letter for some business concern. They give you some of their letterhead. Obviously, only the first page of the letter should be printed on letterhead stationary. So, when it comes time to print, you load up the **tray** with standard paper and insert ONE sheet of letterhead in the "priority feed". The printer uses the same path to get paper, but senses when there is paper in the priority feed so it doesn't raise the paper in the tray to be "picked". Instead, it "picks" the paper from the priority feed. Then, on subsequent pages, there is nothing in the priority feed, it "picks" from the tray.

Another example: Say you keep letter size paper in the paper tray. Lo and behold you have a HUD that just needs to be printed. HUDs are typically printed on legal size paper, so you put a few sheets of legal in the priority feed, change your printer settings to legal size and print. The printer senses paper in the priority feed and "picks" it up, printing the HUD on the legal size paper. When printing is completed, remove the legal paper and the printer will reset to the defaults.

Reply by Hesham Elaziry on 7/9/05 5:30pm
Msg #50796

THank You Very Much.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.