Notary Rotary
Has anyone done this?
Notary Discussion History

Has anyone done this?
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Momentary Insanity on 7/15/05 10:41pm
Msg #52607

Has anyone done this?

I printed the attached HUD from the email and there was a link to Dynamic Docs website to print the loan docs. The page opened up with the view "View packages I have not opened". I didn't even notice the drop down box since it showed a single file ready to print. Didn't pay much attention to printing it because there was only one link available. So I drive 45 minutes B's house and go over the HUD and everything is in order. I start to go over the loan docs and "Ugh Oh!" The docs are for the wrong B.

I got home and disected what I had done and realized there was a drop down box that I had not chosed to view all files. That's where B's file was hiding!

Any idea what will happen since technically, I guess (???) it's my fault??? Any thoughts on this and what I should do. It's late and everyone has gone home at SS and TC. Please tell me this is not an E & O offense!

Reply by droman/IL on 7/15/05 10:48pm
Msg #52610

And you can't go back to the borrower's with the correct copy tonight? If not, are the docs date sensitive? If they aren't you can go in the morning. If they were, then you might have an E&O issue, and they may put you in the hotseat by asking you to back date. Good luck~

Reply by Momentary Insanity on 7/15/05 10:51pm
Msg #52613

Is is almost midnight here. I don't know if the docs are date sensitive because I couldn't get anyone on the phone.

Reply by ChristiSocal on 7/15/05 11:01pm
Msg #52618

I agreed with droman- get it done tonight whatever you have

to do- just do it. A pain I know but you'll never forget to look again Smiley
Yes I did that once, but I checked the docs before I left and found my mistake, got lucky I guess. What a waste of paper though!

Reply by christiSocal on 7/15/05 11:03pm
Msg #52619

nevermind- didn't know about the time- sorry

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/15/05 10:57pm
Msg #52616

"Any idea what will happen since technically, I guess (???) it's my fault???"

It's not "technically" your fault, it is absolutely your fault. Obviously you didn't do it on purpose but there's still nobody to blame but you.

Having said that, nobody's perfect, we all make dumb mistakes sometimes. Lord knows the title companies and signing services do, it's gonna happen to us every now and again too. Since it's too late to do anything about it today all I can suggest is that you have them sign tomorrow, leave messages for whoever you can over the weekend and let the chips fall where they may on Monday. Explain how the mistake was made, own up to it and keep your fingers crossed that the date won't be an issue.

Reply by Momentary Insanity on 7/15/05 11:15pm
Msg #52621

I think that is very good advice. I guess I had never had that happen before. It has always been the file showing when I opened the link OR there were a couple of files and you choose the correct B. Has anyone every had an E&O. Is it the end of the world. Go knows it sounds like it. Any way for me to tell if the docs are date sensitive?

Reply by JanetK/CA on 7/16/05 12:54am
Msg #52638

Who is the lender? nm

Reply by Jon on 7/16/05 1:25pm
Msg #52675

You may want to offer to complete the appt at no charge, as a good will gesture. It will help to show you are serious about making things right.

Reply by cfw on 7/17/05 9:32am
Msg #52776

I did, but I was lucky enough to catch it before I left.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.