Notary Rotary
Heard it All???
Notary Discussion History

Heard it All???
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by SDgirl on 7/17/05 2:09pm
Msg #52805

Heard it All???

Called borrower to schedule appointment.. Mother & son to sign... Son answered and said his mother had been kidnapped and that if he could come up with the ransom he would call me next week to set up appointment. Can this be real???

Reply by HisHughness on 7/17/05 2:29pm
Msg #52810

SDgirl puzzles:

***Called borrower to schedule appointment.. Mother & son to sign... Son answered and said his mother had been kidnapped and that if he could come up with the ransom he would call me next week to set up appointment. Can this be real???***

My guess is that this is an NREIS signing, and the mother was nabbed by the other notary who had been booked. The mom will be returned when she has signed all the docs and the son agrees to do so.

Reply by Hampton/CA on 7/17/05 5:30pm
Msg #52824

The missing thumbprint

Be sure to note in your journal that you're using the left thumbprint of the mother, since the other notary will have cut off her right thumb in his efforts to stop you from signing her later, thus protecting his fee.

I know this happens, because I have heard of a similar situtation. The signer in question had no hands and no feet, and not even a body. He had been kidnapped by a notary years ago who wouldn't release him until he had signed all of the paperwork. Fearing for his life, the signer complied and signed everything. The SA then cut of the signer's hands and left him in a locked room, just so he couldn't go home and sign papers with another notary.

Several years passed and the signer learned how to do everything with his feet. He managed to disassemble the bed with his feet and break off one of the springs, which he used to pick the lock on the door. Upon gaining his freedom, he rushed home to meet with the other notary (who was still waiting). But, as he neared his front door, the first SA (who had been laying in wait all these years) leaped out from the bushes and cut off the signer's feet so that he couldn't make it to the house. He then cut off the signer's entire body so that he wouldn't have access to his wallet and his ID. He grabbed the body and the feet and rushed off down the street, laughing hysterically and screaming, "Feets, don't fail me now!" (He was later found to be quite demented. His commission was revoked and he had no other choice other than going to work for the NNA as a hotline operator.)

The signer, now feetless, handless and bodyless, rolled to the house and pounded on the door with his head. The notary inside answered and brought him. Upon seeing him, he realized that he knew the signer personally, so he didn't need any ID. Elated that he was now going to earn his $50 fee, he stuck a pen in the signer's mouth and they went to town signing papers.

After a couple of hours, they were done. The signer signed the journal and after the notary put a print of the signer's nose in the journal, he closed the book and said, "What an ordeal. This calls for a drink," to which the signer readily agreed.

The notary poured the signer a stiff drink and poured it down the signer's mouth. In an instant, a new body popped out of the signer's neck, and then BAM!, arms and legs complete with hands and feet popped out as well.

The signer was estatic and said, "This calls for another drink!"

The notary poured another stiff one which the signer downed in a single glup, at which point he fell to the floor stone cold dead.

The notary shook his head sadly and said, "He should have quit when he was a head."

Reply by HisHughness on 7/17/05 5:37pm
Msg #52825

Re: The missing thumbprint

I yield. I give up. Uncle! I quit. I retire. I'll go no more a'raving. I have turned in my book of world's worst puns. The field is yours, Hampton. May God have mercy on the souls of those you will afflict.

Reply by Melody on 7/17/05 8:40pm
Msg #52853

Thanks, Hugh & Hampton. Great laughs! ~n/m

Reply by ladynotary7/OH on 7/17/05 5:40pm
Msg #52827

I cannot adequately express how much I thoroughly enjoyed this little piece! "Laughter doeth the heart good like medicine..."

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/17/05 5:43pm
Msg #52828

You guys are crazy...

Entertaining as heck, but crazy~~ Keep it up--both of you.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/17/05 8:25pm
Msg #52849

Here's one nomination for BEST POST!!

I'm still laughing. I started to title my reply the $50 Signer then re-read it and realized it was already there...too funny! "Feets don't fail me now"... LOL.

Youre done for, Hugh (or at leasat have some pretty stiff competition). Keep it up Hampton and thanks for the smile Smiley

Reply by BP_WV on 7/17/05 10:24pm
Msg #52866

"Here's one nomination for BEST POST!!"

I second that!

Reply by SDgirl on 7/17/05 9:14pm
Msg #52856

I loved it... thanks for the laughs!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/18/05 10:11am
Msg #52899

Sounds like that 35 & 40 dollar notray in my area. I had a signing saturday afternoon, I waited 45 min for the borrower to show, and then left. When I was finally able to contact him, all he would say was "sorry I got TIED UP"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.