Notary Rotary
Help!
Notary Discussion History

Help!
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Annie/Ca on 7/11/05 6:18pm
Msg #51054

Help!

I just accepted a job from whom I thought was NASCO, but turns out it is Nationwide Doc Prep out of SoCal. Is anyone familiar with them? I can't cancel now, but the fee is only $55, so because I thougt it was Nasco I didn't negotiate a fee! What would you do?

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/11/05 6:21pm
Msg #51055

I think you already answered your own question... You accepted the job so do it!

Reply by MJ Florida on 7/11/05 6:32pm
Msg #51058

Don't know anything about them, but you said you accepted the job. Now, ethically, you are stuck with it.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/11/05 7:16pm
Msg #51067

I disagree. People make mistakes, there is nothing unethical about correcting your mistakes. What if the signing was a 4 hour drive away and the mistake was thinking it was closer? Would you still say they're obligated to go through with it? I wouldn't think twice about cancelling a signing if there's a valid reason for it. They can always reschedule for a later time if necessary.

Simply call the signing service, explain the mistake, tell them what your fee is and they can either agree to pay the fee or find somebody else. We have signings cancelled on us all the time and you can bet the signing services aren't losing any sleep over it.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/11/05 8:12pm
Msg #51075

Agree w/Cali...

but call them immediately and tell them you made a mistake when accepting, thinking it was a service you worked for prior...on receipt of the confirmation you realized your error and you need to discuss the fees. And do it quickly, or it will make you look bad.

Reply by Melody on 7/11/05 8:52pm
Msg #51095

Re: Agree w/Cali and TitleGal ~n/m

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/11/05 10:30pm
Msg #51110

**but the fee is only $55, so because I thougt it was Nasco I didn't negotiate a fee!**

I guess I don't quite understand your point. If it was Nasco you wouldn't have a problem doing it for $55 but because it was someone else you believe you should get more. Hmmm..

I would agree with Cali if a mistake was made (distance etc.) but that wasn't stated. The only "mistake" was not getting the name of the SS right. I still think you should honor it and chalk it up to making sure next time you don't make the same "mistake".

Reply by Annie/Ca on 7/11/05 11:01pm
Msg #51116

Actually I did call and tell them that I made a mistake, thinking it was Nasco, (and no I don't do signings for Nasco for $55, it's quite a bit more, thats why when I thought it was them I didn't negotiate a price because I do so many for them they know my price!) Anyway I told them what my minumum was and they were more than happy to pay it! Thanks' all!

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/12/05 8:30am
Msg #51162

I guess I'm still confused. You thought the call was from Nasco -- you accepeted the signing for $55 -- you don't do Nasco signings for $55 -- the call wasn't from Nasco --

I don't understand why you accepted the signing for $55 in the first place, if it's below your minimum, regardless of *who* you thought the SS was.

Reply by Annie/Ca on 7/12/05 10:30am
Msg #51220

I didn't know until I got the confirmation that it wasn't Nasco and it said the aggreed upon fee was $55. I did not discuss fees with the caller because I thought it was Nasco!

Reply by kwink/ca on 7/11/05 11:26pm
Msg #51120

Annie: you said you do a lot for NASCO, I havent heard from

them in a while. Are they still dong Chase and Citibank HELOC;s? And, where in CA are you located?

Reply by Annie/Ca on 7/12/05 12:09am
Msg #51133

Re: Annie: you said you do a lot for NASCO, I havent heard from

I'm in Northern Cal. It has started picking up for me with them again! I did 3 today for them, and I have 3 more scheduled for wednesday and thursday. You will hear from them soon I'm sure!

Reply by Magic Lady on 7/12/05 10:28am
Msg #51219

Annie - Tell me more about NACSO. I have never heard of them. I am in Northern California also, way north though, Lake and Mendocino county. I often have trouble getting work up here and am always looking for good signing companies to hook up with.

Reply by Annie/Ca on 7/12/05 10:31am
Msg #51221

Sorry, I do part of Lake County.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.