Notary Rotary
Help! Dating Docs
Notary Discussion History

Help! Dating Docs
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Brijoe_WA on 7/30/05 5:54pm
Msg #55977

Help! Dating Docs

I have a signing in an hour that I will be completing docs that were partially signed on the 26th. The lender said that they are not date sensitive docs and that I could use the original docs. We had already signed most of the docs before the customer stopped the signing. I know that I have to redate the RTC for todays date, but must we go back and redate all the other docs? What is the proper way to complete this? Can this be completed? Thanks for your help.

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/30/05 6:26pm
Msg #55984

Any docs that the borrower signs today and that you notarize must be dated todays current date. Dont change the previous date, just continue with the signing and be 100% certain that all of the work you do includes the current date.....no backdating.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 7/30/05 6:29pm
Msg #55985

Thanks so much. Appreciate it!

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/30/05 6:34pm
Msg #55986

I would print a new set or use the borrower's set and resign with today's date.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/30/05 10:17pm
Msg #56032

I don't see any need in that, Andy. The process can just pick up where it left off, using the current date on any documents being signed. Those already signed should be just fine and acceptable.

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/31/05 3:30am
Msg #56051

I was thinking along the line where if the DOT has been signed/notarized but RTC has not, which to my knowledge both dates (of transaction) on DOT & RTC must be concurent.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/31/05 6:09am
Msg #56055

I think the only issue with dates that must be the same is the date of the Note and DOT/mortgage. And these docs do not have to be dated by the borrower when signed. The document dates must match. As for the RTC, the dates are directed by Title 12, based on the actual date the borrower/owner received their disclosures, which usually corresponds with the date of signing. Or, in this case, the date the signing was completed and you left the copies.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.