Notary Rotary
IMPORTANT INFO ON ELITE SIGNING IN CARY, IL(CRYSTAL LAKE, IL
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by DGGNS on 7/13/05 2:55pm
Msg #51704

Recently, a review of Elite Signing Services, Inc (ESS) accounting procedures, prompted by many calls of non-payment of services by our Notary and Attorney partners, has revealed significant mismanagement of funds. In response, we, ex-employees of.ESS have formed a new company with different management and financial backing in an attempt to salvage not only our jobs but make 'whole' our valued Signing Agents. We secured new resources and a renewed commitment to service for our clients and vendors. In an industry, where fly-by-night companies are the norm, QSS is committed to a higher business standard than what you were used to with ESS. You will continue to deal with the same dedicated hard working operations staff.
Many of you consistently complained about ESS's management and lack of communication regarding past due payments. Please be assured that all calls and emails will be answered promptly (same day if possible) and work invoices paid within 7 days of receiving the return courier tracking number.
The website (www.qsignings.com) should be up by July 18, 2005 and will continue to evolve providing schedule/calendar, accounting and reporting functionality. We will have a ‘suggestions area’ as part of our continued efforts to meet the needs of our clients; Lenders, Title companies, and valued partners; Signing Agents. Until then please contact QSS’s staff (see below) for all work orders. We appreciate your patience and continued support of our efforts!

Sincerely,
David W. Clements
Quality Signing Services, Inc.
650 544 8468 Cell Phone

Chicago Contact Information
Work: 866-353-5892
Fax 847-854-9583
Email: [e-mail address], [e-mail address],[e-mail address],[e-mail address]

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/13/05 3:45pm
Msg #51733

What about those NSA's that were stiffed????

Are you going to make good on those debts????

Reply by Notary4U on 7/13/05 7:30pm
Msg #51828

I'd like to know that same thing and...

will you be the person to contact to get that past due payment? Or maybe you would like to supply us with the home number and home address of the owner and manager of Elite Signing...Richard Barry?

I would like to know if you are looking to make a favorable impression with your new company (on the notaries that were stiffed), that maybe you are going to take the responsibility of paying those notaries and then YOU (since you have the relationship and live in the same area) are going to get the money back from Richard Barry?

That would be a great gesture.

Reply by nelly on 7/14/05 8:53am
Msg #51957

Re: I'd like to know that same thing and...

please give me your email address or phone number so i can reach you

Reply by Notary4U on 7/14/05 3:24pm
Msg #52186

Nelly

send anything to this address or respond to me there with your number and I will call you...it's a second address I have.
[e-mail address]
Thanks

Reply by patricia on 7/14/05 9:07am
Msg #51964

David your cell phone number indicates you are in San Mateo County, why are you connected
to a deadbeat signing service in Illinois?

Reply by Miller on 7/14/05 11:27am
Msg #52053

David is not connected with Elite Signing at all. THe owner and Manager of Elite Signing is Richard J. Barry. If you go and look up the incorpoation on Elite SIgning Services, Inc in IL it will show you that along with his address. ( Cheryl Elliot from CA had posted that information last year)

Elite Signing ( Richard Barry ) has scammed so many agents out of their pay. The employees that worked for Richard had nothing to do with the agents not being paid. They would ask Rich when agents would call where the check was, and he would say I sent it out, but would never get on the phone. He even told the employees that he could not get on the phone because it would be wrong of him to lie to them. Please leave some way I can reach you, I dont want to say much on the boards but I would definatly love to let you know everything.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/14/05 4:01pm
Msg #52195

This is classic

"They would ask Rich when agents would call where the check was, and he would say I sent it out, but would never get on the phone. He even told the employees that he could not get on the phone because it would be wrong of him to lie to them. Please leave some way I can reach you, I dont want to say much on the boards but I would definatly love to let you know everything."

****So you the employees would get on the phone and lie for him????? On a previous post on GMN this David guy went so far as to even claim that employees had no idea vendors were not getting paid. Which is it. You folks should get your stories straight before you post on public message boards

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/14/05 4:29pm
Msg #52204

What the poster was trying to ask is why does David Clements

who claims to be an ex employee have a So Cal cellphone and supposedly your new office is in Illinois???

"Recently, a review of Elite Signing Services, Inc (ESS) accounting procedures, prompted by many calls of non-payment of services by our Notary and Attorney partners, has revealed significant mismanagement of funds. In response, we, ex-employees of.ESS have formed a new company with different management and financial backing in an attempt to salvage not only our jobs but make 'whole' our valued Signing Agents. We secured new resources and a renewed commitment to service for our clients and vendors. In an industry, where fly-by-night companies are the norm, QSS is committed to a higher business standard than what you were used to with ESS. You will continue to deal with the same dedicated hard working operations staff.
Many of you consistently complained about ESS's management and lack of communication regarding past due payments. Please be assured that all calls and emails will be answered promptly (same day if possible) and work invoices paid within 7 days of receiving the return courier tracking number.
The website (www.qsignings.com) should be up by July 18, 2005 and will continue to evolve providing schedule/calendar, accounting and reporting functionality. We will have a ‘suggestions area’ as part of our continued efforts to meet the needs of our clients; Lenders, Title companies, and valued partners; Signing Agents. Until then please contact QSS’s staff (see below) for all work orders. We appreciate your patience and continued support of our efforts!
Sincerely,
David W. Clements
650 544 8468 Cell Phone

Chicago Contact Information
Work: 866-353-5892
Fax 847-854-9583
Email: [e-mail address], [e-mail address],[e-mail address],[e-mail address]"

****Any response????????????

Reply by patricia on 7/14/05 5:09pm
Msg #52215

Re: What the poster was trying to ask is why does David Clements

(650) is a northern Ca. exchange, San Mateo Co. is adjoining San Francisco.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/14/05 5:19pm
Msg #52218

You are absolutely right

So why does a ILLINOIS ex employee have a NORTHERN CAL CELL?????????????????????????

Reply by Dogmonger,Ca on 7/14/05 5:22pm
Msg #52219

There seem to be some red flags here

But after the questions started, it would seem that those with the answers have disappeared:-)

Reply by Gregg Clements on 7/20/05 4:55pm
Msg #53434

Re: There seem to be some red flags here

I am David's brother. I brought David in on this deal once I found out I was not going to be paid by ESS. I saw a company that was being mismanaged and taken advantage of. I have subsequently sued ESS and Richard Barry. Let me tell you that QSS will be above board in every way. We will pay everyone in a timely manner and we will always be available.

The fact that Dave is in CA has no bearing on anything. I really don't understand the concern about it. I am in MA and I will be running the company with him. We kept the operations in IL because that is where the employees are. With the internet does it really matter where everyone is located. QSS is incorporated in CA with operations out of IL. Happens all the time.

You can always contact Dave or myself. My office # is 978.794.5523. My cell # is 978.828.3579. My email is [e-mail address]. Contact me whenever you like with questions or comments. I welcome them. QSS will be operated like a real company. Richard Barry will have nothing to do with it. Hopefully he will get out the business.

QSS is a legitimate company with a good client base. We will be one of the best signing services to work with. Please do not judge us based on your experience with ESS. Believe me, I am owed more money from them than any one in the country.

I look forward to hearing from you and working with all of you.

Gregg Clements, Esquire

Reply by Miller on 7/14/05 8:05pm
Msg #52262

Re: You are absolutely right

You know we did not come to the board to fight about anything. David did not post this letter I did. David is not an ex employee of Elite and has never been affilated with Elite. Yes myself and the other employees are not with Elite anymore. We all walked away. When we found out the truth about what was going on there, we did not want any part of it. When your boss is telling you that the checks were sent and you have nothing to do with accounting, then you really dont know. There was a person in our office that finaly did a little investigating and found out the truth and what he was doing. Believe me we would love to post everything on this board, but since he does watch the boards he would probley try to come after some way or another.
If you would like, please email me your number and I will call you. [e-mail address]

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/14/05 9:24pm
Msg #52317

Why would you post a letter signed by someone else?????

You say David is not an ex employee of Elite and has never been affiliated with Elite. But in his own handwriting he says "In response, we, ex-employees of.ESS have formed a new company with different management and financial backing in an attempt to salvage not only our jobs but make 'whole' our valued Signing Agents"

Seems like he is contradicting you. One of the most serious problems about making up stories, is that eventually you can't remember what you told people. I have read for YEARS and YEARS that this company was NO pay, or very, very SLOW pay at best. Countless people told story after story of calling and calling, faxing invoices and you are trying to spin that somehow you didn't know. Come on now, let's get real. We didn't all come in on the turnip truck.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/14/05 9:26pm
Msg #52319

Why can't you answer even the most basic question

Why does a guy starting a SS in Illinois have a Bay Area Cellphone??? Communting????????

Reply by Miller on 7/15/05 8:59am
Msg #52432

Re: Why would you post a letter signed by someone else?????

This will be the last time I explain that DAVID IS NOT an ex-employee of Elite. i guess the easiest way for you to figure that out is for you to call him and speak to him personally. You have his number. Yes the letter states WE ex-employes of Elite. And it was us that posted the letter. Better yet why dont you just call Richard Barry personally. 815-342-3315 or his office phone 800-619-9693, He is the owner of Elite.

Also Elite has not been open for years and years.

Reply by David Clements Quality Signin on 7/16/05 4:10pm
Msg #52684

Re: Why would you post a letter signed by someone else?????

My name is David Clements and I own a company in San Carlos, California just south of the San Francisco Airport. My brother is an attorney in Massachusetts who did work for Elite Signings. A few months ago he told me of ESS and that the owner Richard Barry was looking to sell the business. My brother was and is owed over $20,000. I flew to Chicago and met Mr. Barry. His books and daily accounting methods were substandard if not non-existent. Mr. Barry was the only one who had control over the books and corporate finances. After speaking with the employees, my brother and others in the business I tried to make a deal with Mr. Barry to buy the company. Actually buy the debt (obligations to the notaries) and take over the management of the company. I offered to buy the debt from January 1 2005 to present. Mr. Barry would be responsible for all other debts. He also wanted $75000 in cash though he later rescinded that demand in exchange that I take over all of the debt which was more than $125,000 and he would walk away free and clear. I later found out that Mr. Barry was taking money from ESS (which should have been used to pay notaries) and making speculative stock trades. I walked away from the ‘negotiations’ because I will not reward people for doing shoddy work and running what should have been a modestly profitable business into the ground!

I later spoke with the ‘ex-employees’ and was convinced that a viable company could be salvaged. As of July 11th I have filed incorporation papers creating Quality Signing Services, Inc. I have invested in new computer equipment, website, and software which I hope to have up and running soon. Right now all orders are being processed manually. All bills from Signing Agents to QSS will be paid within 7 days of receipt when accompanied by the courier tracking number for returned signed documents. Mr. Barry has ‘disappeared’ but I will post his contact information on the QSS website. The fact that I am in California while the orders and operations work is done in Illinois is immaterial. I apologize for including me in the ex employing category but I want it known that the employees were not involved in any attempt to deceive or defraud the Signing Agents.

I am looking into what legal options are available to help get those NSA’s that were ‘stiffed’ (which includes my brother) some compensation. I can only promise that anyone who deals with me or a company that I own will be dealt fairly and quickly. Please do note hesitate to contact me at [e-mail address] or [e-mail address] or my cell phone 650 544 8468 and I will return to you within 24hrs.

Respectfully,

David Clements

Reply by Anonymous on 7/26/05 5:07pm
Msg #54862

not opened for years? I did work for them in May

2 jobs to be exact. and no payment...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.