Notary Rotary
I thought this was interesting....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 7/13/05 9:58am
Msg #51574

...considering recent posts on this very subject. Note the last two lines of the fifth paragraph.

Rip-Off Methods are a Poor Way to Market

As a publisher of several publications, I am always looking for and seeking legitimate business products offered by small and homebased business people. But finding a REAL legitimate business product or service is often very difficult. Everything seems to have some "string" attached or a "hidden motive."

To add fuel to the flame, some of the "rip-off" marketing methods are so highly evolved now, their disguise is very subtle and almost unnoticeable. In fact, many of them even fool people just like you who join with a company supplier as a dealer/distributor as your first business experience.

And because people just like you are brand new to business, you may be trained at the mercy of the company supplier — which often times is WRONG. It's so sad to me that really honest, caring individuals who want to legitimately start a business are misled every day by companies they join. The "training paks" these big companies issue will train their dealers "their" way — which is not necessarily the "right" way. These poor dealers may not be aware that they were improperly trained and taught bad, misleading and deceptive marketing practices.

Let me give you an example: The other day I received an email from a lady who said she wanted me to check a web site out because this company believed in the same thing I do — truly free products with absolutely no strings attached. Of course this would interest me and I went and checked out the link immediately. To my dismay, I was taken to some money-making business opportunity. I found out later that since I had clicked on this website, the lady got a 10¢ commission.

Now there is a big chance that this lady had absolutely no idea what she had done was wrong. The company probably supplied her with marketing tips and sample ads to use to build her income. Everything looked legitimate to this lady — however, I still blame her for not having the "common sense" to know she was being deceptive. Come on folks — don't you know when you're lying? You can't be that stupid!!

This is ABSOLUTE GREED AND DOWNRIGHT CRUELTY!! The single worst problem with people starting homebased businesses today and failing is due from being LAZY — plain and simple. When you start a homebased business, you should develop your OWN product. Finding a company who does all the work for you shows a complete lack of loyalty on your part. If you don't want to work (even when the chips are down) — don't start a business!!

A business is like giving birth to a new child. If you are going to raise that child properly, you must take charge and control of the situation. You wouldn't have a baby and give it to an unknown company president in Chicago to raise for you would you? Then why do you want to give your company to an unknown company to make money for you? Isn't the reason we started a homebased business was because we wanted to be our own boss? Control our own future? Be in charge? Then why in heavens name would you have any desire to do anything but develop your own stuff and sell it at a fair market price? That, my friend, is the best advice I can give any homebased business person.

NOTICE: If you publish this article (or any portion thereof) in your publication or on your website you are required to acknowledge Victoria Ring as the original author and provide a link back to this website, which is: http://www.victoriaringconsulting.com

Reply by Anonymous on 7/13/05 10:01am
Msg #51575

BTW, there is some very good info for those who are just starting out, mainly in the last two paragraphs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.