Notary Rotary
I was hired by LO but I insisted on the Con. Letter,
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 7/9/05 12:03am
Msg #50713

They said they dont usually send confirmation letter, I got home tonight and still no confirmation letter, they are sending docs overnight, should I go without C.L. I dont know them never have worked for them, I did a reverse look on their phone it doesnt return any info.

What should I do?

Should I have the signins and wait for Monday morning and demand the c.l. or what?

Reply by BP_WV on 7/9/05 12:08am
Msg #50714

I have always been under the impression that no confirmation letter means no check for services rendered. I have always received one and will not do a closing without one. I personally would insist. The confirmation letter is basically a contract between you and the LO/SS/TC/ATTY.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 7/9/05 12:11am
Msg #50715

I've done loans for LO's and Title Co's without a confirmation letter. I return my invoice with the loan docs. I've never had a problem getting paid.

Reply by DellaCA on 7/9/05 12:58am
Msg #50718

Same here Barbara as long as its not a signing service, I have not had any problem getting payed, usually very fast payment.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/9/05 5:17pm
Msg #50795

I Agree with Barbara and Della, my exp. too N/M

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/9/05 1:02am
Msg #50720

So you'd really call them on Monday morning and tell them you didn't do the signing because they didn't send you a confirmation letter? I would LOVE to hear that conversation. What do you think the odds are that they would ever use you again after that?

Reply by Markita-MI on 7/9/05 2:39am
Msg #50726

I agree. As long as its not a signing agency, getting paid without the confirmatin order has never been a problem for TCs and Brokers. My title companies use me all the time without a confirmation order and they pay the fastest and the most.

Reply by Notary4U on 7/9/05 6:56am
Msg #50730

I have at my website on the contact page a form that title co's, etc. fill out to schedule a signing and it's sent to me and I use that. Never had ANY issues. I wouldn't worry, but you can always make an extra copy of the borrowers closing instructions to hold until they pay you so you have more than just your entry into your journel as proof I guess that you did the closing. When they scheduled the closing with you didn't they send you contact info for the borrowers,etc?

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/9/05 8:22am
Msg #50734

EZ: No CO/NO Go! (nm)

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/9/05 9:03am
Msg #50737

Re: EZ: No CO/NO Go! (nm)

First, make a copy of the HUD and then get your little booty to the signing, then send an invoice back with the docs.

Reply by AnneSoCa on 7/9/05 11:08am
Msg #50751

I would go to the signing and return the docs with an invoice. I do this for an escrow company and always get paid as soon as the loan funds. That's the way they do it with all of their notaries.

I got a call from an LO recently whom I didn't know and when I went to the signing, they paid me on the spot!

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/9/05 11:49am
Msg #50757

sometimes the conf means nothing...

I recently had a loan app signing scheduled by the LO, the confirmation stated, I would be paid when the loan goes in escrow. I called back and stated very clearly, that was not sufficient, this load (LO) promised that I would be paid. I did the applicaton on 4/1, when I called for payment on 5/1, this bozo acted as if I was speaking martian.

Upon, faxing his confirmation, he and I went back and forth on the semantics of the letter and not the verbal that he had given me. Since I am no one's fool, I then started emailing his branch and put in a nice cc letter to the state AG about this deceptive practice. I also threatened the company's Dunns and Bradstreet rating with a nice collection letter about an unpaid vendor. Most companies are very leary when you start "real collection activity" Since, I collect as a profession, I am going to furnish this information and in the long run, this will costs them in interest rates way more than my piddly $125.

Sometimes it pays to just pay..

The point of this post is that more than likely you will get paid, even with a confirmation, some of the other posters will confirm, you can get stiffed also.

Reply by FL Notary on 7/9/05 2:20pm
Msg #50771

Send him an email outlining...

the terms for which you were retained. Simply ask him to reply in the affirmative since he doesn't have time to send a letter. If he can't reply to the email, something shady is going on.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.