Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I watch for these people...good input from...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 7/24/05 2:30pm
Msg #54268

I watch for these people...anyone else care to add?

BEEN HERE FOR ABOUT THE SAME TIME AS I HAVE OR LESS
Titlegal - works for a title company
CarolynCo - legal secretary (like my own background)
CaliNotary - a successful NSA
Ted MI - lawyer
Dorothy MI - a successful NSA
Charm AL a successful NSA

BEEN DOING IT LONGER THAN I HAVE

Chicago Bob - one of my mentors - one I consider "expert status"
BobbiCT - one I consider "expert status"
SylviaFL - one I consider "expert status"
PAW FL - one I consider "expert status"
RogerOH - one I consider "expert status"
JanetK - one I consider "expert status"
LeeAR - one I consider "expert status"
LawrenceOK - one I consider "expert status"
HisHughness - retired lawyer (skip 'em - LOL - just kidding!)
Jon CA - one I consider "expert status"

WHO AM I MISSING?
After we all give our input, I'll put it in the 33325 thread for others to review...

Reply by BLT/CA on 7/24/05 3:11pm
Msg #54276

Brenda/TX!!

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/24/05 3:29pm
Msg #54283

I read her too! (:>) and thanks...nm

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/24/05 3:40pm
Msg #54287

You beat me to it...BLT, most definitely BrendaTX. I have to add Hampton/CA too - very solid info and the sense of humor is priceless.

(jeez brenda, thx for that but...now I have to THINK ever time I post...no more PWP)

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/24/05 4:11pm
Msg #54294

Great list Brenda but don't forget yourself!

Reply by Leslie-Mp on 7/24/05 5:16pm
Msg #54305

I also enjoy and learn from Margaret/FL

Reply by Leslie-MO on 7/24/05 5:17pm
Msg #54306

Sorry - just hit P instead of O

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/24/05 6:55pm
Msg #54326

Margaret's one of my friends. I don't know how I forgot her. She's helped me a great deal.

Reply by anon on 7/24/05 5:22pm
Msg #54308

The 2 to watch for good advice are Sylvia & Paw both from Fl.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/24/05 8:47pm
Msg #54388

This is good but

Is this a popularity contest? There are many people on this board that give good advice just as there are many who don't. By handpicking the cream of the crop I can't help but think that there will be those who will feel slighted. JMO

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/24/05 9:11pm
Msg #54394

Re: This is good but

Good point anon, but I think (without interpreting intentions of the poster, which I try hard not to do) there's a plethora of great information on this board, and almost all of it (exception to those that drop in to bash/crash) come from very good people who wish only to share and maybe...get a bit 'validated' by their oh-so-good experience. When you're an independent contractor, where else will you "get the goodies" after accomplishing something great in your field?

In my limited experience as NSA (but not title issues) I also look to some individuals for their expertise in certain areas. If I read PAW's comments about legal issues, I pay attention. If I read BrendaTX's posts about marketing, I know it's really good stuff. When I read Cali's posts - he's been around the block as a NSA, what he writes means something. When I read Hugh or Hampton, I know I (might) get a laugh, and also some good stuff. Same goes for Sylvia/FL and the many, many others posting here.

The consistency of the poster earns their reputation, if it's acknowledged it's fine with me. I'm just grateful for the info.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/25/05 2:14am
Msg #54428

And if people feel slighted, so what? We're grownups, I think anybody in here should be able to handle the emotional trauma of not receiving a shout out in a notaryrotary thread. Not everything in life needs to revolve primarily around the feelings of others.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/25/05 6:20am
Msg #54437

That was not my intention. But, I certainly see why it is taken that way. "My bad."

The intent is to help new people find the key people who answer questions on a regular basis. So many times we have new people who need help with getting started.

I was not trying to start a popularity contest and I do appreciate the negative response. I'll let it go.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/25/05 6:43am
Msg #54438

This is good but - To those I offended-Anonymous Complaints

About #33325
Dorothy MI and I have worked together to build a list of resources on #33325. I left DorothyMI off, and it was not my intention to exclude her. But, I think Dorothy is pretty confident in herself and understands who I am, and what my intentions were. This is not "my" list or "Dorothy's" list. But, it was at least an effort to make a place to refer new people to for answers. It's the next best thing to a list of FAQS. If others can make this a better resource, please feel free to do so.

The Original Post in this Thread...
sue is also one that has helped me, and I forgot her. My original list of posters here was not meant to be all-inclusive. And it was not meant to be "the creme of the crop" but just people I felt had helped me. It was also meant to be added to as needed.

To those that this offended, I am sorry and did not mean to be exclusive or inclusive. I meant it as a resource. This is a free resource for NSAs. I use it many times each day. I was trying to continue to do my part to give back and keep NotaryRotary.com's excellent forum one that will continue to benefit the profession.

Anonymous Complaints on this thread...
If the anonymous posters to this thread have better ideas, please jump in and do your part in a positive way that is pro-active and substantial.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 8:47am
Msg #54450

Re: This is good but - To those I offended-Anonymous Complaints

**Anonymous Complaints on this thread...
If the anonymous posters to this thread have better ideas, please jump in and do your part in a positive way that is pro-active and substantial. **

And just *maybe* anonymous posters could be recognized as well -- if they would just choose a handle/name.

Reply by Dorothy/MI on 7/24/05 9:56pm
Msg #54402

Another one to include

Julie-MI. Julie has a great title company background and is very helpfull in understanding title issues.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/24/05 10:02pm
Msg #54403

Post 33325...

and don't forget Dorothy/MI, original creator of post 33325 - the best post in this forum.

Reply by im not telling on 7/25/05 1:04am
Msg #54421

Re: Post 33325...

I think this post was totally uncalled for. I too feel like this is a popularity contest and I didnt make it on the list. Although there is alot of good information here, there is also the "core" people "who made the list" which have a tendancy to make this forum very intimidating. This ridiculouse post just adds to that. I have probably more experiance as an NSA than most, but I refuse to post very much because of all the ego's and the do's, and dont's on this board. Plus I dont have enough time between signings and growing my business to sit and chat. Maybe yall should put all this chat time into your business.

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/25/05 1:47am
Msg #54425

Re: Or.......

I can see it as a list of resources. I can learn from the insight of these people and others. If there is something that I find to be negative I can take it or leave it.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 8:55am
Msg #54451

Re: Not a popularity contest by any means

You're so wrong. None of us asked to be included on the list. In fact, I don't believe any of us knew anything about it.

You, im not telling, as well as anyone else, can take it for what it was intended -- *simply* a resource guide -- or you can completely ignore it because *I didnt make it on the list*

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/25/05 9:05am
Msg #54452

true Carolyn...

I think it was intended to use as a tool for new signing agents. Although I am a successful signing agent, I think I should have been 'board comedian' lol

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/25/05 8:21am
Msg #54446

Thanks BrendaSmiley

Back from and missing the beach. The week went entirely too fast!
Gulf Shores is looking pretty good. Most of those stilt homes on the ocean front in Fort Morgan are for sale, I think many are sick of fighting the battle, even saw boards on homes that were labeled by room.
Can't imagine having to live that way.

I changed my cell phone message to say I was out of town until the 24th, but they could still leave a message. Nice way to weed out the work from last week and get messages for this week. I know I picked a bad week to take off but we had to do it that way.
It's gonna take me three days to unpack, ugh...

Reply by Allison B/SCal on 7/25/05 9:18am
Msg #54459

Experts & Successful? Some still work for Signing Companies

Personally, I don't know how anyone can categorize "an expert" and "successful" when they still work for signing companies after "years" of signing. That's bologna -- if you're successful and have years of experience, you shouldn't be even considering taking work for a signing company! You should be working just for title/escrow and for direct lenders.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/25/05 9:32am
Msg #54460

Re: Experts & Successful? Allison...

***Personally, I don't know how anyone can categorize "an expert" and "successful" when they still work for signing companies after "years" of signing. That's bologna -- if you're successful and have years of experience, you shouldn't be even considering taking work for a signing company! You should be working just for title/escrow and for direct lenders. ***

Allison, in my opinion, you are incorrect. This was OPINION based.

Maybe you are also possibly short-sighted to categorize people based on the work they are taking. (That's the great thing about the USA. We can all have opinions and they do not have to match. Right?)

Not every state is set up like California. In fact, one of the best articles I have read in the NNA newsletter is one that came out last week for the Texas issue and it addressed this.

If you were more aware of what's going on across the US, you'd realize your statements don't properly reflect the entire NSA population. Is this sour grapes of some kind? Your statements seem biased. Just curious.

Okay...I am on my way to a little town north of here to do a rev mort at a lender branch. Hired by a title company this time, but will take EVERY good SS I can. Send 'em!

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/25/05 9:35am
Msg #54461

Allison...

Perhaps you can use your own expert knowledge and assist folks become more successful. Just a thought.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/25/05 9:47am
Msg #54465

See Msg #51181, Allison...

Did a search and found you on Msg #51181

Okay...I see now...you have a problem with CaliNotary. You called him a Freak. I feel better now.

For a minute, I confused your input with something worth considering. Name calling reduced your credibility by a good deal.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/25/05 9:50am
Msg #54466

silly....Allison

this has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've read in awhile here. I am successful AND I accept work from both title companies and signing services. I've been doing this for 8 months now and am at the top of several companies lists of 'call first'! I make an excellent income from the combination of both and still have a lot of free time on my hands. Your thoughts on signing services are your own and not shared by most professional notaries.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/26/05 9:40am
Msg #54711

Re: silly....Allison - Yes, Charm...silly is correct...

In Msg #54672, I refer to the HELOC situation that is a problem for Texans. Earning in Texas is not the same as in CA. I am rather happy with my ability now that I have seen this article and have talked w/ other Texans who understand and also have the same problem.

A wise poster once said: My dad always said making some money is more profitable than making none at all. (or something like that.)

I am sorry that Allison feels it is beneath me to take such signings...I'd rather make $75-$100 two or three times in a day near the EOM than to be so stiff-necked as to make nothing at all. I know what signings are in this area because I go to the courthouse and find out...I am getting a good amount of my share thanks to the good SSs who operate in Texas.

I am grateful for good SSs who are willing to put their fee bids out at a range that will bring me these signings. I won't take them for $50, or $65 much any more...but $75...YOU BET I will.

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 7/25/05 10:15am
Msg #54473

Re: Experts & Successful? Some still work for Signing Companies

Speaking for myself, I would love to take good business from signing companies, if you could trust half of them and if they would pay fairly. Your're on a pretty high horse there Allison.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 10:20am
Msg #54475

You are WAY off base. I am successful and I work with both signing services and title companies. What makes a person successful and put on the top of the call list is flexibility, ability to make judgment calls, and flawless signings.

The fee you can quote and the fee the companies pay is reflective on the above qualities.

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 7/25/05 10:26am
Msg #54477

We all have our own opinions now don't we. That's what makes the world go round. I also have a very successful business and work mostly with title cos. and law firms and occassionally signing cos. that I trust and will meet my fee, which most won't.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 10:51am
Msg #54483

You are absolutely right that we all all entitled to our opinions -- but to say that *experts* and *successful* signing agents *ONLY* work for title companies and never signing services is absurd.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 7/25/05 11:22am
Msg #54487

You are right and I never said that someone up the thread di

Reply by Allison B/SCal on 7/25/05 10:24pm
Msg #54611

Panties in a WAD !

Holy Bajoly! You girls are really uptight and defensive, arent' you!??!! Well, let me put it in a way that maybe you'd understand and of course, I expect some claws out and uh...no, your ego doesn't bother me : In MY opinion, a professional notary's goal is to: WORK SMARTER - NOT HARDER. Hardly an original thought but that's my opinion (and you have yours!) and gee, sorry that you girls don't like it that others disagree and have the druthers to do so. I'm just saying, sometimes not always, what others are thinking. I think that signing companies are nothing but the pimps and we da ho's if you continue to work for them once you've got your experience and have earned the title, "professional" or "expert". It truly does not matter to me if you like to hear my truth.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/25/05 10:35pm
Msg #54616

Re: Panties in a WAD !

***It truly does not matter to me if you like to hear my truth.***

Obviously, it does matter or you wouldn't bother reading their answers and posting back. Professionalism and being an expert usually bleeds over into other areas of life, and its real clear to me you haven't reached that level yet.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/25/05 10:41pm
Msg #54620

yep and to put it lighty...there are signing companies out there whom can compete with the TCs...obviously they haven't contacted you. You need to re-evaluate your stance and get a clue as to how to become successful and make money here.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 11:02pm
Msg #54627

First of all, I'm not a *girl* any longer - along with the title of professional and expert, I've also earned the title of woman. But, I guess you haven't earned that yet because it appears that you are the only girl posting

Uptight and defensive - go back and re-read the thread.
Egos - again go back and re-red the thread.

It must matter to you, or you'd ignore the thread.

I'd explain how to avoid wadded panties, but I don't think you're old enough.

Reply by Allison B/SCal on 7/26/05 9:06am
Msg #54699

Re: Panties in a WAD AND Jealous!

I quit working for SS's after my first year and a half! Based on what I read here from the same old SA's who obviously have nothing better to do (because you post every single day that I check out the boards which for me is maybe once a week), you're jealous of me and anyone who is working smart making lots of easy money. If you were busy, GIRLS, you wouldn't have time or want to even take the time to post as often as you do. Bye Bye for now ---I'm off with the goal of being successful and working towards expert, just like you WISH you could be. TaTa

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/26/05 9:24am
Msg #54702

Re: Panties in a WAD AND Jealous!

**Based on what I read here from the same old SA's who obviously have nothing better to do (because you post every single day that I check out the boards which for me is maybe once a week)...*

Allison's made one of my points about my favorite posters...

Some are givers and some are takers. Apparently, Allison is not a giver.

People who have helped me learn my job have been givers...and they post frequently.

They don't just log in and take...they give a pointer or helpful advice.

**Bye Bye for now ---I'm off with the goal of being successful and working towards expert, just like you WISH you could be. TaTa**

Experts who have helped me or others are the only ones I am aware of.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.