Notary Rotary
Incorrect Jurat Verbiage for Ca
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by bc in ca on 7/26/05 6:29pm
Msg #54895

I'm going to signing in about an hour and a half; as I'm reviewing Loan Docs before going to signing I noticed two of the docs that need to be notarized don't have the correct verbiage for Ca. There is not enough room to place a jurat stamp with the correct verbiage on either of these documents. I am assuming I need to attach a loose Jurat to these docs. My question is do I cross out the incorrect verbiage and write a note for them to look at the attached jurat? I tried to do a search about this and couldn't find one.

Reply by calipat/ca on 7/26/05 6:34pm
Msg #54897

I cross out and write in "see attached jurat" and then I initial.

Reply by bc in ca on 7/26/05 6:41pm
Msg #54899

Thank You!

Reply by Terri - CA on 7/27/05 1:23am
Msg #54991

Or how about crossing out the incorrect verbiage, write "See Attached Notarial Certificate" or "See Attached Certificate." I also write on the bottom of the pages Page 1 of 2; and then Page 2 of 2 at the bottom of the attached certificate.

Be sure to complete the "optional information" on the loose certificate if it's there, if not write the name of the document which the certificate is attached to. This will help keep the document from being detached, and re-attached to another document.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.