Notary Rotary
Is this acceptable? Signature/Name Affidavit
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul2_FL on 7/19/05 10:15am
Msg #53093

I just completed a signing in which the borrower's ID (license) did not match the doc's. However, The signature/name affidavit has her known as 4 other names in which one of them is what is on her license minus the middle initial.
My question is this..
Within the body of the documents there are a number of standard notarizations that require me to notarize using her license as her ID. (She didn't have any ID with the name on the doc's) Is it acceptable to put in after "personally appeared" - name of docs A.K.A. name on ID?

I've called the SS and T/C for clarification but haven't heard back yet.

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/19/05 10:18am
Msg #53094

Page 61 of the manual covers this.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/19/05 10:32am
Msg #53097

Thank you Becca! I usually look in my manual for answers before posting but I completely forgot about the manual today! DUH! I think using the A.K.A. on this line will be acceptable but I'm still waiting for confirmation from the T/C.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/19/05 10:39am
Msg #53100

Becca_FL

I think I have enough room to fit in the information exactly as outlined in the Manual. Thanks again!

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/19/05 11:41am
Msg #53113

Re: Becca_FL

You're welcome Paul.

Just remember to let Escrow know that you MUST fill out your cert this way so they are not suprised when it comes back. I've had some EOs say this practice would not be acceptable to them. When this happens, I let EO know that I can not do it any other way untill the signer gets a new ID.

Also, if you search this topic, you should be able to find a thread from a month or so ago.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/19/05 11:51am
Msg #53116

Re: Becca_FL

Hi Becca - I talked to T/C and explained the situation. The final call will be by the Lender but according to T/C it should be OK.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.