Notary Rotary
Just an Update as of 2 minutes ago-SignaturesPlus
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by TCMN on 7/20/05 1:18pm
Msg #53372

I did a pretty massive "message leaving" campaign late last night to inquire about my fee still due from them and obviously it had an impact. I guess it will when you leave everyone's voice mail a message, email a message and every time you send it to the next person you copy the previous person...so they got probably 8 each. Then informed them that should I not receive contact back by noon today that I would be faxing to everyone the invoice and ALL the corresponce I have attempted to have with each individual, every hour on the hour until their fax seemed to work and someone finally had it (since they never seem to get it).

(fyi...this is NOT a form of harrassment since I have entered into a contract with this entity and I am due payment- had I been trying to sell them something it might go towards harrassment, but that is not the case)

THIS was one of the responses I received:

I completely agree with you. And again I apologize. I am trying to implement a new system. It will eliminate you having to invoice and wait for payment. Payments will be issued directly from our database. When a signing is completed, a check will be cut. We are waiting for the new printer that is capable of printing these checks (they require a special magnetic ink) and it will be in place. All of the programming is complete. It has been a tremendous headache for us as well as all of notaries and I don't blame anyone for losing patience with us. I absolutely hate the fact that anyone has had to call or email for payment. I promise I am working hard to fix this.

Thank you again,

Melodie

So, maybe the notaries who are due money still should contact Melodie and she could help you.

Good Luck and I will let everyone know if the check is rec'd by the 22nd, per one of the other emails.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/20/05 2:09pm
Msg #53382

I got a call from them yesterday evening to do a reverse closing. I had to decline.

Reply by Terri - CA on 7/20/05 5:53pm
Msg #53445

Guess what..... You don't need a special printer with "special ink." Anyone with a laser printer can print checks. What will happen is if you don't use what's called MICR toner, then the bank machines can read the coding. But, it can still be done without all the 'specials.'

Good excuse though, but not for me. Doesn't hold water. I'd might be requesting a handwritten check then in lieu of waiting any longer for payment.

But that's me Smiley

Terri (Worked for a worldwide printer manufacturer for 9 yrs)
Lancaster

Reply by bdinn_AZ on 7/21/05 12:00am
Msg #53499

I agree with Terri-CA. I owned my own cartridge recycling business back in 1994 and all that is required to print checks is a cartridge with the MICR toner. Even back then almost any cartridge for any laser printer could be filled with the stuff upon request. Do a search for yourself and see. Unfortunately, they are full of it.....

Reply by TCMN on 7/21/05 3:12am
Msg #53517

I agree to...

I just thought I would let everyone see what "bull" they're trying to dish out now. So, if any notaries hear that "line" to tell to get a new excuse.

Don't worry, should the check NOT be here by the 22nd...then I will make sure they have it overnighted the next time they hear from me. Like I said,,,they jumped when each person got at least 8 emails and everyone got a voicemail, and then they were about to get the faxes when I heard from them. ANd then they sent me the internet banking invoice showing that the check had been cut and funds were withdrawn from their account. AND even a cofirmation....oooohhhh. Smiley I told them that means nothing until I get the check and it clears the bank.

So, no, I do know that you just need a MICR toner....my spouse is a branch manager of a bank. I know they are full of it.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/21/05 3:38am
Msg #53520

Re: I agree to...

"ANd then they sent me the internet banking invoice showing that the check had been cut and funds were withdrawn from their account. AND even a cofirmation...."

Since when are funds withdrawn from a bank account BEFORE you deposit the check for those funds? Obviously they sent you information for a different check.

Reply by dbnotary@gci.net on 7/29/05 2:02pm
Msg #55722

7-29-05. Called SignaturesPlus and had to leave a message with Helen King. I haven't been paid since May. This loan was with the Home Loan Center and I don't understand why Loan Companies should not receive our complaints on a Signing Service that doesn't pay us. I know they say they paid the SS but they should know that they aren't paying the Notaries that actually do the work. I'm just getting frustrated.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 8/1/05 9:22pm
Msg #56286

SignaturesPlus

Tonight (August 1st) email to Helen King's email address at SignaturesPlus was returned by the postmaster. I guess she's getting too many email messages saying that SignaturesPlus is not paying their bills.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.