Notary Rotary
Laser printer duplex printing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Leonard Kozel on 7/7/05 5:53pm
Msg #50385

I am considering buying another laser printer all in one machines. The two I am torn between are almost identical except one has duplex printing and the other does not. Is this a feature I will need. My laser doesn't do this so I was thinking Maybe?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/8/05 4:15am
Msg #50517

Just one person's opinion, based first on his experience as a computer geek and second as a NSA.

For loan docs, don't duplex. Everyone will be happier, including you in the long run. If you're torn between two machines of roughly the same price, more pages per minute should win. You'll need the speed for last-minute edocs.

For general printing, however, duplexing is A Good Thing. If you turn out newsletters, reports, multi-page letters, etc., then you'll save trees and money by duplexing.

If my laser printer duplexed, then Lady Rouge would love to use it for her Red Hat Society booklets. She'd still wish she had a color laser, of course, but she'd be happier with automatic duplexing rather than having to manually print on both sides of each page with her InkJet.

Search for "laser" or "printer" and you'll get an education!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/8/05 9:38am
Msg #50539

Most printers have duplexing capability. Though it may not be **automatic** duplex. When printing, look at the options available and one may be duplexing. In those cases, the printer will print all the even pages first, then instruct you on how to place the printed sheets back into the feed tray so it can then print the odd numbered pages.

Manual duplexing is often faster than auto-duplex because it takes a long time to flip the page over and place it back in the paper path, then flip it over again to place it in the output tray. I have a duplexing printer, but when printing lots of pages (more than 10 or so) in duplex mode, I'll simply do manual duplexing.

As for Lady Rouge and color lasers, you should would go through a lot of magenta toner, wouldn't you? Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.