Notary Rotary
Loan Signing Agent and business licensing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Joe San jose on 7/27/05 7:17pm
Msg #55199

Does any one know the requirement of a loan signing agent or notary as far a a business and do we need toapply for a business license? Help!

Reply by jan-ca on 7/27/05 7:25pm
Msg #55200

Go to your City offices and ask if they require one. I haven't run across anyone that uses one just for notary and/or loan signing

Reply by LMag on 7/27/05 9:17pm
Msg #55225

In CA: My understanding is that you do not need a business license if you are doing business under your given name. If you are using a business name, you will need to file a FBN (fictitious business name) and get a business license. You may also need to request a Home Occupation Permit from your city - check with your county and your city. Expect fees for all the above.

If you decide to hire any help at all, you will want a business license and I'm quite sure there are a whole lot of other requirements that go along with having employees. For most of us, this is not an issue.

Reply by Joe San Jose on 7/27/05 10:23pm
Msg #55241

Thanks I'll do that . Joe

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.