Notary Rotary
My new temp website...input?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Kim_Cali on 7/5/05 1:56am
Msg #49820

Ok....I just finished a new temporary website while Im getting everything going over here. Im sticking my neck out on the chopping block for criticism and input Smiley

TIA

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/5/05 1:59am
Msg #49821

www.dottedlinemobilenotary.org

Ok...service just called and it got published under the .org, so here's the link:

www.dottedlinemobilenotary.org

will be transferred over to .com shortly!

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/5/05 6:42am
Msg #49823

Re: www.dottedlinemobilenotary.org - Nice! n/m

Reply by Sharon/CA on 7/5/05 9:39am
Msg #49831

Re: www.dottedlinemobilenotary.org - Nice! n/m

Oh! I liked it alot. Very professional looking. Is this the way to go? I've seen many notaries signing up for websites and have wondered if this is something I should be doing? Anyway, I really liked the look and I especially loved the statement about not notarizing blank documents. VERY WELL DONE!... jmo

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/5/05 9:48am
Msg #49833

Thank you!

I used register.com and was able to purchase the .com, .net and .org domain names for about $80. This included a free 1 page website, free online backup and a large email account.

I figure that in time I can design my own and upgrade to the web hosting for 4.95 a month once I am ready to have multiple pages. Im still in the mapping stage laying out my pages so thats a little up the road for me. I just wanted to throw something up in the meantime.

Reply by Sam I am on 7/5/05 10:44am
Msg #49849

Re: Thank you!

It looks nice - I like the colors and the font. Not sure if email should be hyphenated to
e-mail? Other than that it is good to go.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/5/05 10:37am
Msg #49845

Re: www.dottedlinemobilenotary.org

Looks good! "Where professionalism meets the road" is a good motto for a mobile notary.

Your Site gives the impression that you are soliciting only loan work. If you do general notarial work for the public you might want to include that.

Now the bad news. You won't be receiving any email when people click on your email address. The HTML code is missing the address to which to send the message! Normally I charge for Web Site analysis, but this error is so big I couldn't let it pass.

Reply by Iris_WA on 7/5/05 10:49am
Msg #49850

Looks terrific, Kim -- good job! Smiley

Love the disclaimer "Please be advised that Dotted Line Mobile Notary will always refuse a request to notorize any blank forms, either in the loan documents or as a loose certificate." There is a misspelling in the word "notorize" -- s/b "notarize"! ;)

Hope it brings you the results for which you hope!

Reply by Lydia Esther/Fl on 7/5/05 10:59am
Msg #49852

It looks Great - Good Luck !

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/5/05 12:41pm
Msg #49872

Thank you all ~ I have made the suggested corrections!

I really really appreciate all of your input and have made the changes suggested. It got to be about 2 AM when I wrapped it up and I just couldnt see straight anymore!!

Anyway, the primary purpose for the site at this given moment is for loan signing. When I have the page constructed I will include the information about the regular notarizations.

And a special thanks to Ernest for his consulting....dummy me never checked the link last night. Thank you thank you!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.