Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
My phone has literally stopped ringing for the past couple..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by alison/so/ca on 7/11/05 1:24pm
Msg #50985

weeks, what gives?

Reply by Mike/NJ on 7/11/05 1:37pm
Msg #50987

It has been slower since July first, some reasons Holiday and the first 2 weeks of July are big vacation weeks on the east coast.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 7/11/05 1:40pm
Msg #50988

Begin of July Slower than usual

I am slower than usual. But I agree with Mike, the first 2 weeks of July are big vacation weeks in NYS. We have 6 months of winter so when the good weather comes people enjoy it.

Reply by Leslie-Mo on 7/11/05 2:13pm
Msg #50997

Slow month here also

I'm pretty new to this business so it makes me really nervous when my phones aren't ringing. Glad to hear that it isn't just me. Last month was my best month ever so this is such a let down. Hope things pick up for all of us real SOON!

Reply by mes/IL on 7/11/05 4:16pm
Msg #51026

Re: Slow month here also

I also am relatively new to the business.I was very busy the last 2 weeks and was really surprised how many calls I was getting.I had one today,but that's over and now my phone is not ringing.Making me a little nervous,but agree that there are alot of people on vacation and hopefully ALL of our phones will start ringing soon.Looking forward to EOM,had to turn down at least 8 due to a large family 3 dayfunction and would like to make up for it this month!!

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 7/11/05 2:49pm
Msg #51008

OPPS replied to wrong thread. My phone has stopped ringing for signings, but has picked up for inspections.

Reply by J in CA on 7/11/05 4:42pm
Msg #51034

I have been busy! I even had 4 over the weekend and 4 today! I guess things are still hoppin' in my neck of the woods, North Coast, that is...

Reply by kwink/ca on 7/11/05 5:14pm
Msg #51039

J in CA, what do you consider to be North Coast, Newport?

Reply by J in CA on 7/11/05 5:43pm
Msg #51046

kwink/ca

Ummm, Isn't Newport in Southern Ca?
I consider the North Coast to be Coastal Humboldt County. Others might think Del Norte...

Reply by kwink/ca on 7/11/05 7:11pm
Msg #51064

Oh, you are literally in Northern CA. gotcha! Wonder why you

are busy up there, it is slow in So. CA.

Reply by Melody on 7/11/05 5:27pm
Msg #51043

Good for you, Margaret!

You were one of the first Oldies who told us all that you were diversifying your services. So savvy.

I am glad all your hard work and studying is paying off!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/11/05 8:13pm
Msg #51076

same here just north of you in Ventura County.

Reply by Linda CA on 7/11/05 8:21pm
Msg #51080

Ventura County,,,, slowwww.....i average about 30 per month on a part time basis. I only have eight under my belt for July....

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/11/05 8:23pm
Msg #51082

Good for you...about 6 times better than me...but I do have my day job Smiley

Reply by Linda/CA on 7/11/05 8:33pm
Msg #51086

Don't know how long you have been doing signings but it seems like it has really slowed down here at home. I have been signing for over six years and have my regular's. I would think you would be able to get signings through your T.C. Is that what you do in the day job?

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/11/05 8:39pm
Msg #51088

Yes Linda...

I'm a TO for a large title insurance company in so cal. However, I'm not on the escrow side, but the title side.

Believe it or not, those escrow gals hold tight to their "extra paycheck" (eg. signings) and don't want to give it up to a co-worker. Trust me, there's a ton of perks being on my side of this biz, but I still have to work for my signings - I advertise, but lightly and in those 'net sites that will give me the most bang for my buck. It's not a free ride, not even for me.

Reply by Linda/CA on 7/11/05 8:44pm
Msg #51089

Re: Yes Linda...

I know what you mean. I know several escrow officers in Ventura County that have "retired" and started signing loan docs for a living. They have the "in" with their business associates. I just wonder how they are doing? Seem's as though they keep it within. I understand, very hard to break into.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/11/05 8:47pm
Msg #51091

Oh yeah & don't want to give up anything...

no cake walk here, regardless of experience. A lesson to newbie's all the while knowing a really sharp, experienced person can still make it. Notice "sharp" and "experienced". Keywords.

Reply by linda?ca on 7/11/05 8:51pm
Msg #51094

Re: Oh yeah & don't want to give up anything...

Been in R.E. over eighteeen yrs. Know a lot of escrow officers. I give them my business and try to get some back. I have completed a few but not that many.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/11/05 9:02pm
Msg #51098

Re: My phone has literally stopped ringing for the past coup

Thank you thank you thank you! I feel really badly that EVERYONE has slowed down this month, but I feel much better about MY phone not ringing at all either. I'm in NYS, and the last few months were SO busy. I had my best month EVER in May, and June was excellent, too. July, nada. Thank you for making me feel better, I really apprieciate your writing!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.