Notary Rotary
NASA & ASN
Notary Discussion History

NASA & ASN
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by MJ_Florida on 7/11/05 4:14pm
Msg #51025

NASA & ASN

Anyone a member. If so any benefits of being one?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/11/05 5:12pm
Msg #51038

NASA was bought out by the NNA several years ago.

The ASN is the oldest non-profit organization for notaries in the USA. They are headquartered in Tallahassee, and are the best source of education, especially for Florida notaries.

I have been a member for about 5 years now and keep renewing.

Reply by MJ Florida on 7/11/05 6:10pm
Msg #51052

Do you receive work from the ASN?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/11/05 6:39pm
Msg #51059

I have never had anyone call me and say they found me through the ASN.
However, the ASN is not a "referral" organization, they are not in the loan signing business. Although they do have a listing of notaries.
They are more for the education of notaries, and a good signing agent needs to be well versed in notary laws.
The ASN is well worth joining for the notary education aspect.

For a referral site, I would suggest you purchase a premier membership on this site, and also sign up with www.123notary.com.
The Signing Registry is also an excellent site to be a member of.

Where are you in Florida?

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/11/05 6:46pm
Msg #51061

Re: to Sylvia

Does the ASN answer questions one might have here in Indiana or are they more for the Florida Notaries and questions for Florida. I want to Join a Association but would like to know if i was to have a question here in Indiana one could be able to help out for this State.

Thank You

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/11/05 8:24pm
Msg #51083

Re: to Sylvia

Yes, they are for all statesSmiley

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/12/05 9:42am
Msg #51195

One more vote for the ASN.

In my limited experience with the ASN, the ASN has provided more real-world help with examples and Q&A. The Q&A from the NNA has seemed trivial, at least to me.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/12/05 10:01am
Msg #51205

Re: One more vote for the ASN.

I am a member of both...ASN is very good!
I have recieved calls from title companies thru NASA...One in particular told me that he has had good luck with the NASA signers.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.