Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
NOTARY On-Line Study Courses for Calif. ??
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by BEE --CA. on 7/10/05 1:54pm
Msg #50859

Been reading this forum for several weeks , and I take it that most of you are pro's , mobil notries , loan signing agents, etc. Can some one here tell me how the on-line NOTARY study course work , and if its true that the SOS authorize On-Line Notary Study Courses.

Some school adds say in part Approved Home Study Courses is now ON-LINE, and the courses Satisfiy the CA mandatory Notary education requirements.

After 7/1/05 the Calif. SOS expressly demand a approved NOTARY course, I checked the SOS site,and the schools do not give enought information until you enroll and pay a fee . Thus far I cant find any information that say the SOS approve a on-line course. Any information on the subject ?

Reply by immanuel6_CA on 7/10/05 11:28pm
Msg #50907

According to NNA, now you have to take the 6 hour course before you become a Notary. But it is harder. Go to the National Notary Association website and read the latest information.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 7/10/05 11:58pm
Msg #50908

The school I teach students to pass the Ca. state notary exam, www.notaryclasses.com has an online download for $65.00 which has been approved by our Sec. of State which fulfills the 6 hour requirement.

What all of us, Calif Notarys, must have to be allowed to take the Calif. State test is a "Completion Certificate" given to the student after he/she has completed a 6 hour approved course of instruction. This Completion Certificate is stapled to our Calif. background check form and the Ca. State Proctors forward this form after we take the State Test.

Most Notaries take a 6 hour classroom course of instruction; but the online download is the other alternative.

Reply by BEE---CA. on 7/11/05 1:24am
Msg #50911

I checked the State of Calif. SOS list, and Yes www.notaryclasses.com is listed as a CLASS ROOM California SOS approved school. On the SOS site I also read the lesson plan requirements for schools to be-come a California approved notary school. I understand the 6 hour approved course of instruction, the Completion Certificate info. etc ,

However in my question I posted -- I cant find any thing on the SOS site that say Ca. notary schools are approved to give on-line notary courses.

Maybe Im asking to much here . I guess my question is [ other than from the school itself] where do I find the California authorization for notary schools to give on-line courses .

Like I said before unless one "click" and "pay" first the notary school web sites do not give other than very very basic information on their on-line classes.

Reply by Allison B-Cali2 on 7/11/05 9:04am
Msg #50921

Joan forgot one important point about the Home Study Course: If you order it and don't think you made a wise decision or are not self-disciplined, then the website at www.notaryclasses.com says they will credit you the entire cost of the book ($65) and that money can be applied 100% to a live seminar. That means you only owe $10. GOOD DEAL and a great program; I took BOTH of their classes - the notary seminar and their Loan Signing course -- LOVED THEM and LOVED my instructors! Good luck Beeeeeee

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.