Notary Rotary
NO ID
Notary Discussion History

NO ID
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by TN Notary on 7/14/05 10:47am
Msg #52016

NO ID

Regarding the borrower who does not have a picture ID. Just got a call from her saying it was crazy that I am requiring her to have a picture ID that she was refinancing with the same mortgage company and they know who she is. I tried to explain that I was notarizing her signature saying that she supplied me with evidence to prove who she was. She said I could go with her to the bank everyone knows her and than she hung up on me. I called the SS co and told them what happened. I told them I did not want to deal with that situation. Sounded to me like the woman was drunk.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/14/05 10:56am
Msg #52025

Oh, oh! Run, do not walk, away.

If someone signs while impared, you may find yourself in deep weeds. It sounds as if this particular borrower has issues that are too big for a notary.

You have done the right things so far! If it were I, I would politely inform the signing service that I was not going to be doing the signing. Period.

Reply by TN Notary on 7/14/05 11:01am
Msg #52031

Re: Oh, oh! Run, do not walk, away.

I did. Thanks for all your inputs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.